remove alias failing with backendError

Mike McLoughlin (PCA)

Dec 5, 2017, 4:05:34 AM12/5/17
to GAM for G Suite
HI,

GAM 4.1.2

I have been trying to remove incorrect aliases for a couple of days without success:

gam course [course id] delete alias "x"

This fails with incorrect usage advisory

gam course [course id] delete alias "incorrect alias to remove"

Fails with Temporary error: backendError, Backing off etc

Also, with GAMADV-X version 4.48.51

gam course [course id] delete alias "x"

Fails with Remove failed: 503: 503 - The service is currently unavailable

Any thoughts?

- Mike

Ross Scroggs

Dec 5, 2017, 6:08:38 PM12/5/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

Talk to Google,

Ross

The views or opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of Plymouth College of Art. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify the sender.

Mike McLoughlin (PCA)

Dec 6, 2017, 3:25:52 AM12/6/17
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross,

Ah, good catch - I had not tried it there.

By "speak to Google" I assume you mean send feedback via the Developer Console right? New bug filed here.

Cheers,

- Mike

+KimNilsson

Dec 7, 2017, 3:50:53 AM12/7/17
to GAM for G Suite
Call support. APIs should work.

Mike McLoughlin (PCA)

Dec 7, 2017, 6:05:52 AM12/7/17
to GAM for G Suite
Thanks Kim,

I just rang them to report it.

Cheers,

- Mike

On Thursday, 7 December 2017 08:50:53 UTC, +KimNilsson wrote:
Call support. APIs should work.

Mike McLoughlin (PCA)

Jan 2, 2018, 4:21:49 AM1/2/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hi all,

I have just been informed by Google that this bug is now fixed.

Cheers,

- Mike