Create user with csv but only force password change for certain user?

Kwan Cheung

Oct 14, 2021, 5:15:47 PM10/14/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi,

I have a script that runs daily to create a CSV to upload with GAM for any new user we get. GAM was able to do everything like set the name, password, etc. However, some of the new users should keep the password I set and others should be force to change it at next sign-in due to company policy. Is there a way to tell GAM to toggle the change password at next sign-in flag based on CSV?

This email was sent by an educator or staff member at Berryessa Union School District.  This email and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you.

Jay Lee

Oct 14, 2021, 5:17:59 PM10/14/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Add a change_passord column to your CSV and set it to be True/false as appropriate for users. Then add:

changepassword ~change_password

To your user create command.

Jay

Ross Scroggs

Oct 14, 2021, 5:18:23 PM10/14/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Kwan,

Add a column changepassword to your csv file; it's value should be true or false
gam csv UpdateUsers.csv gam update user "~primaryEmail" .... changepassword "~changepassword"

Ross

Kwan Cheung

Oct 14, 2021, 5:52:07 PM10/14/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
Thank you both. That was exactly what I was looking for.