Default Routing | Is this now possible through GAM(ADV)?

James SEYMOUR

Nov 11, 2018, 10:01:57 PM11/11/18
to GAM for G Suite
Looking at the old Q&A's it looks like the ability to use GAM(ADV) for configuring Default Routing (Apps > G Suite > Settings for Gmail > Advanced settings > Default routing) was removed some time ago.  Just wondering if this has been reinstated since then.

I was advised by Google to use Default Routing instead of forwarding email from uses accounts, as it was more reliable. Does anyone have any experience for or against this?

+KimNilsson

Nov 12, 2018, 8:51:30 AM11/12/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hi, James!

I'm fairly sure that no such API exists, and then GAM can't do anything.

The pro/con list I posted in your thread on G+ yesterday, I think.

Ross Scroggs

Nov 12, 2018, 9:40:22 AM11/12/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
James/Kim,

These settings were handled by the now deprecated Admin Settings API.

Previously, Gam would report these values but never (as far as I remember) had the ability to set them.

James SEYMOUR

Nov 12, 2018, 6:41:24 PM11/12/18
to GAM for G Suite
Thanks Guy's. Looks like I will need to continue as I currently do.