Cannot install gam 3.02 - UnknownApiNameOrVersion: name: admin-settings version: v1

Giovanni Bajo

Oct 6, 2013, 4:25:55 PM10/6/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am trying to configure gam 3.02 on a Linux server. I've generated client_secrets.json following the guide, and I think I've made everything correctly. I've then created a nobrowser.txt file and run "gam info domain". I've done the OAuth2 authorization and pasted the auth code, that was recognized, but the process then aborted:

Go to the following link in your browser:

    http://goo.gl/[****]

Enter verification code: [****]
Authentication successful.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./gam.py", line 5857, in <module>
    doGetDomainInfo()
  File "./gam.py", line 4151, in doGetDomainInfo
    adm = buildGAPIObject('admin-settings')
  File "./gam.py", line 482, in buildGAPIObject
    return apiclient.discovery.build(api, version, http=http)
  File "/usr/src/gam3/oauth2client/util.py", line 132, in positional_wrapper
    return wrapped(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/gam3/apiclient/discovery.py", line 200, in build
    version))
apiclient.errors.UnknownApiNameOrVersion: name: admin-settings  version: v1

The file oauth2.txt was created. Every subsequent invokation of gam produces this exception.

Can you please help?

Thanks
Giovanni Bajo

Thibault Mortier

Oct 7, 2013, 5:07:07 AM10/7/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am also impacted by the exact same issue.

4>gam info domain
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gam.py", line 5857, in <module>
  File "gam.py", line 4151, in doGetDomainInfo
  File "gam.py", line 482, in buildGAPIObject
  File "oauth2client\util.pyo", line 132, in positional_wrapper
  File "apiclient\discovery.pyo", line 200, in build
apiclient.errors.UnknownApiNameOrVersion: name: admin-settings  version: v1

I have retireved the client-secret.json with the correct scope of APIs :

Thanks in advance for your help

Atul Singh Sachan

Oct 7, 2013, 11:19:19 AM10/7/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
It was same for me but when I ran the commands they were working. Please check.

Regards,
Atul Sachan
Google Apps Forum - Top Contributor

Atul Sachan

Oct 7, 2013, 2:42:13 PM10/7/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thibu,

1- Copy the code from the URL :-

2- open notepad and paste the code.
3- Save the file in GAM folder with name "admin-settings-v1.json"

It worked for me.