Bulk Reset of Passwords

David Burkhart

Aug 26, 2012, 11:31:02 PM8/26/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I need to reset the passwords for all users in one of my sub-organizations. How can I accomplish this? All I've found so far is the one-by-one directions and I have hundreds of users to reset. Thank you.

David

Cliff Wakefield

Aug 26, 2012, 11:37:11 PM8/26/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Your best bet would be to do a

gam info org <org name>

Then process the output line by line in a Powershell or Bash script and issue a

gam update <user> password <password>

To the best of my knowledge

Maykel Cano

Aug 27, 2012, 3:27:24 AM8/27/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

as Cliff said you can do this with 'gam update'. I only want to add that if some password that you want change was used before by the user, the change will not work. To avoid this error you can do a csv (using gam you can dowload all your users) write in the last column the password, and use bulk upload from CPanel to upload this csv, you must check 'update existing accounts' (checked by default).

Best regards.

Maykel Cano Serrano
Consultant

Intelligence Partner
Gobelas, 17 Planta baja - 28023 Madrid

Tlf: 628 872 669  Email: mc...@intelligencepartner.com

http://www.intelligencepartner.com

¿Sabes qué puede hacer Google Apps?   Pulsa aquí

¿Sabes qué dicen los clientes de Google Apps?  Pulsa aquí

¿Sabes qué dicen los clientes de Intelligence Partner? Pulsa aquí

David Burkhart

Aug 27, 2012, 6:16:09 PM8/27/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I was able to follow these (and other) directions and get the passwords changed. Thank you!