Getting error UnicodeEncodeError while executing Print user

Dharmesh K

Jul 11, 2019, 10:06:25 AM7/11/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hello,

I am getting this following error while executing the command - gam print users allfields > users.csv

UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode character '\ufffd' in position 348: character maps to <undefined>

I have also attached a screenshot of the error.

Please advice.

Thanks, Dharmesh
2019-07-10.png

Steve - DynTech

Jul 15, 2019, 9:25:49 AM7/15/19
to GAM for G Suite
Are you using at least v4.88.09? Hopefully that unicode update helps with your situation

Dharmesh K

Jul 16, 2019, 9:59:58 AM7/16/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hello Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I have updated to latest version 4.89 but getting the same error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gam.py", line 14609, in <module>
  File "gam.py", line 14103, in ProcessGAMCommand
  File "gam.py", line 11441, in doPrintUsers
  File "gam.py", line 11174, in writeCSVfile
  File "csv.py", line 158, in writerows
  File "c:\python37\lib\encodings\cp1252.py", line 19, in encode
UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode character '\ufffd' in position 348: character maps to <undefined>
[39924] Failed to execute script gam