gam: command not found

Jonathan M

Aug 9, 2018, 8:06:31 PM8/9/18
to GAM for G Suite

Hi Guys,

I'm struggling to find out how to add gam to my environment variables permanently

export PATH="~/bin/gam:$PATH" works for that session but if I restart my terminal it fails.

I've done a lot of googling and have come to the conclusion that I need to edit another file in VIM to permanently add it. Is that true? Can anyone guide me through the steps to add "bashrc" or "bash_profile" (I don't know which one I should add it to)?

I'm very new to shell scripting. I was using PowerShell originally for this but my work requires all of this to be done in bash.

Grant Sturgis

Aug 9, 2018, 9:14:23 PM8/9/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Edit .bash_profile and add:

export PATH=$PATH:~/bin/gam

Then exit your shell and login again or do this:

. ~/.bash_profile

To re-read that file. Notice the . in the beginning the file name making it a hidden file.

-G