ERROR: No Client Access allowed after installation and service account key upload

74 views
Skip to first unread message

Robert Smith

unread,
Sep 10, 2026, 3:11:43 PMSep 10
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi folks,

Thanks for this software. It seems to be exactly what I need and I look forward to getting it properly configured.

I installed GAM on linux via the install script. I followed all the steps to allow the GAM installer app and created the new project with the required permissions following along with the script steps.

During the install process I had to disable the service account key upload permission to allow the installation to proceed. I did this as instructed at https://github.com/GAM-team/GAM/wiki/Authorization#authorize-service-account-key-uploads

Whenever I tried to upload the key using the gam upload sakey [admin <EmailAddress>] command at the end of the instructions (replacing <EmailAddress> with my admin email address) I got an error after authenticating: ERROR: Invalid argument with gam upload sakey >>>[admin<<< MYE...@email.com] identifying the syntax error.

When I searched through the group posts for similar issues, I found one where the person was instructed to use: gam upload sakey

That seems to have worked fine, showing "service key uploaded" and listing out project details of the service account and changes followed by: That's it! Your GAM Project is created and ready to use.
Proceed to the authentication steps.

However, all gam commands seem to still fail with ERROR: No Client Access allowed even after opening a new terminal session.

I would greatly appreciate your support diagnosing and addressing the auth issue I seem to be experiencing. Am I doing something incorrectly? Happy to provide any diagnostic info required.

FYI, when I run the gam command this is what I get:

$ gam
WARNING: Config File: /home/rob/.gam/gam.cfg, Section: DEFAULT, Item: oauth2_txt, Value: /home/rob/.gam/oauth2.txt, Not Found

GAM 7.48.05 - https://github.com/GAM-team/GAM - pyinstaller
GAM Team <google-ap...@googlegroups.com>
Python 3.14.7 64-bit final
Linux Pop 22.04 Jammy x86_64
Path: /home/rob/bin/gam7
Config File: /home/rob/.gam/gam.cfg, Section: DEFAULT, customer_id: my_customer, domain:
Time: 2026-09-10T19:05:00+00:00
Help: Syntax in file /home/rob/bin/gam7/GamCommands.txt
Help: Documentation is at https://github.com/GAM-team/GAM/wiki

Thank you!

Ross Scroggs

unread,
Sep 10, 2026, 3:12:42 PMSep 10
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Did you do: gam oauth create

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GAM for Google Workspace" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-apps-man...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/5ace32b7-d22b-4a71-80fc-143f96eff0dan%40googlegroups.com.

Robert Smith

unread,
Sep 17, 2026, 1:07:38 PMSep 17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ross,

I created the desktop oauth app via the installer process and added the service account.

Do I need to run gam oauth create in addition the installer oauth app creation?

image.png

Thank you!
Rob

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GAM for Google Workspace" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/google-apps-manager/n38abvMzJag/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to google-apps-man...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/7DFB4728-8207-4DDD-ACEF-2270C8B9594E%40gmail.com.

Ross Scroggs

unread,
Sep 17, 2026, 1:11:58 PMSep 17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Ross
----
Ross Scroggs


On Sep 17, 2026, at 9:55 AM, Robert Smith <rsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ross,

I created the desktop oauth app via the installer process and added the service account.

Do I need to run gam oauth create in addition the installer oauth app creation?

<image.png>

Thank you!
Rob
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages