linux bulk member upload gives permission denied

drreid

Aug 9, 2012, 4:49:19 PM8/9/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,

In general I'm using gam to move our mailman lists to Google Groups.  My issue is when using gam to bulk upload group members I get a permission denied error from gam with the following command.  I'm running in Centos 6 as root.

xargs -a members.txt -p -i % gam update group pgumc-list add member %

I changed the permissions on gam.py to 755 from 744 which didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks In Advance,

drreid

Aug 10, 2012, 11:19:47 AM8/10/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
In case anyone else has this problem. It was an aliasing issue, where I had aliased gam.py to gam. It works if I use:

xargs -a members.txt -p -i % gam.py update group pgumc-list add member %