cant access files using todrive

Brian Rutherford

Nov 22, 2019, 12:17:45 PM11/22/19
to GAM for G Suite
I took over a computer that already had GAM setup by another user who left the company. I am trying to run some reports using the todrive command and when the report completes the it tries to launch google sheets I get the prompt telling me I need to request permission to the file. I am an admin in Google Admin and a novice with GAM. What do I need to do so I can access the reports written out to Sheets? I have tried  just writing the reports out to csv but because some of our users have asian unicode characters in their names it is failing even with the latest GAM installed.

Ross Scroggs

Nov 22, 2019, 12:38:01 PM11/22/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

What is your Gam version?

Ross

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 9:17 AM Brian Rutherford <brian.ru...@amkor.com> wrote:
I took over a computer that already had GAM setup by another user who left the company. I am trying to run some reports using the todrive command and when the report completes the it tries to launch google sheets I get the prompt telling me I need to request permission to the file. I am an admin in Google Admin and a novice with GAM. What do I need to do so I can access the reports written out to Sheets? I have tried  just writing the reports out to csv but because some of our users have asian unicode characters in their names it is failing even with the latest GAM installed.

Brian Rutherford

Nov 22, 2019, 12:44:07 PM11/22/19
to GAM for G Suite

 GAM 4.96 - https://git.io/gam

Jay Lee <jay...@gmail.com>

Python 3.8.0 64-bit final

google-api-python-client 1.7.11

Windows 10 10.0.17134   AMD64

On Friday, November 22, 2019 at 10:38:01 AM UTC-7, Ross Scroggs wrote:
Brian,

What is your Gam version?

Ross

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 9:17 AM Brian Rutherford <brian.r...@amkor.com> wrote:
I took over a computer that already had GAM setup by another user who left the company. I am trying to run some reports using the todrive command and when the report completes the it tries to launch google sheets I get the prompt telling me I need to request permission to the file. I am an admin in Google Admin and a novice with GAM. What do I need to do so I can access the reports written out to Sheets? I have tried  just writing the reports out to csv but because some of our users have asian unicode characters in their names it is failing even with the latest GAM installed.

Ross Scroggs

Ross Scroggs

Nov 22, 2019, 12:45:25 PM11/22/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

Do: gam oauth info
Look for the line: G Suite Admin: us...@domain.com

Is us...@domain.com the old user? If so, do the following using your email address, of course you need to be an admin:
gam oauth create

Ross

Brian Rutherford

Nov 22, 2019, 12:48:37 PM11/22/19
to GAM for G Suite
When I try that it tells me "It looks like you've already authorized GAM. Refusing to overwrite existing file: C:\GAM\oauth2.txt

Could I just change the txt file and put my email address in there?

On Friday, November 22, 2019 at 10:45:25 AM UTC-7, Ross Scroggs wrote:
Brian,

Do: gam oauth info

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 9:37 AM Ross Scroggs <ross....@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Ross Scroggs

Nov 22, 2019, 1:08:30 PM11/22/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

Rename oauth2.txt to oauth2.sav, then do: gam oauth create

Ross

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 9:48 AM Brian Rutherford <brian.ru...@amkor.com> wrote:
When I try that it tells me "It looks like you've already authorized GAM. Refusing to overwrite existing file: C:\GAM\oauth2.txt

Could I just change the txt file and put my email address in there?

On Friday, November 22, 2019 at 10:45:25 AM UTC-7, Ross Scroggs wrote:
Brian,

Do: gam oauth info

Brian Rutherford