Alternative to using operating system's pipe command (such as "> users.csv") to generate csv

Iain Macleod

Feb 28, 2020, 12:41:32 PM2/28/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hello,

Is there another way to generate a CSV file other than using the ">" for example "> c:\file\path\fileName.csv"?

Ross Scroggs

Feb 28, 2020, 12:44:15 PM2/28/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Iain,

In fact, it's the preferred way to redirect stdout, stderr and CSV data.

Ross
On Feb 28, 2020, at 9:41 AM, Iain Macleod <imac...@irvinecompany.com> wrote:

Hello,

Is there another way to generate a CSV file other than using the ">" for example "> c:\file\path\fileName.csv"?

Notice to recipient: This e-mail is only meant for the intended recipient of the transmission, and may be a confidential communication or a communication privileged by law. If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error by return e-mail and please delete this message from your system. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Iain Macleod

Feb 28, 2020, 2:04:10 PM2/28/20
to GAM for G Suite
So the command I'm trying as a simple test would be

"GAM redirect csv c:/temp/CSVTEST.csv multiprocess user User...@domain.com show delegate"

But I am not seeing a csv being created in my temp directory. Is there something I am missing here?

On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 9:44:15 AM UTC-8, Ross Scroggs wrote:
Iain,

In fact, it's the preferred way to redirect stdout, stderr and CSV data.

Ross
On Feb 28, 2020, at 9:41 AM, Iain Macleod <imac...@irvinecompany.com> wrote:

Hello,

Is there another way to generate a CSV file other than using the ">" for example "> c:\file\path\fileName.csv"?

Notice to recipient: This e-mail is only meant for the intended recipient of the transmission, and may be a confidential communication or a communication privileged by law. If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error by return e-mail and please delete this message from your system. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Iain Macleod

Feb 28, 2020, 2:11:22 PM2/28/20
to GAM for G Suite
Please disregard, I see my mistake, if I swap out "show" for "Print" it works just fine.

Thank you for you quick response and help!