Unusual situation, need to remove parent and student from google classroom alerts

Joe Sanders

Feb 19, 2019, 10:28:04 AM2/19/19
to GAM for G Suite
We have a student (6th grade) that has passed away and the mom is still getting alerts from google classroom (as the Guardian) even though the students email is suspended.  Some of our teachers are not very savvy, although I am sure I could explain the process of what they need to do.

However, I am wondering if there is a way. using GAM for me to remove a student (and associated guardian) from all google classrooms, so she stops getting alerts about classroom assignments for her sweet son who is no longer with us.

Thanks in advance

Ross Scroggs

Feb 19, 2019, 10:43:49 AM2/19/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Joe,

gam print courses student stu...@domain.org | gam csv - gam course ~id delete students stu...@domain.org

Ross

Message has been deleted

Joe Sanders

Feb 19, 2019, 11:14:31 AM2/19/19
to GAM for G Suite
Actually i figured it out... Very strange... This parent used to work for our school but moves to the district office... so i tried her old school email (which isnt even active) and it found and removed her as guardian for that student.

Very odd that she would be getting alerts for google classroom, eventhough the email listed for guardian is not active...

Hey Ross,

Thanks for the quick reply….

I tried but get the message:

Delete Failed: Not Found

….. I even re-enabled the students email and tried it again, but got the same error.

I went ahead and tried the other command, and it found and removed the student from 7 courses.

The fact it removed him from the courses, It think is a good sign…. but should I worry about the first command giving me that error? Maybe the parents guardian email was different than the one I had in my SIS?

Ross Scroggs

Feb 19, 2019, 12:22:02 PM2/19/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Joe,