Gam is flooding the audit log with token messages from Gam

Harold Horsman

Apr 23, 2020, 8:28:29 AM4/23/20
to GAM for G Suite
While looking into the Audit logs for tokens, I noticed that there are an enormous number of log entries.

For every user, I found entries like these below. They were all in bursts of dozens of entries, in about 20 minute intervals.

The times of all these messages were in no way related to actions of myself or anyone else on the system.

My first reaction was that there was something wrong. But maybe this is all expected behaviour.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you.

Harold

Jay Lee

Apr 23, 2020, 9:21:06 AM4/23/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
It's expected that GAM will refresh user tokens when you run GAM commands to perform actions as an admin or as your end users.

It sounds like you have GAM running as a cron job or scheduled task and it's generating these log entries....

Jay Lee

Harold Horsman

Apr 23, 2020, 4:44:26 PM4/23/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Lee,

I haven't got cron jobs in place yet. So far I am running all my jobs in the same GCP Command Shell, but without any schedules.
I'm puzzled where this behaviour is coming from. Will check other sources and come back if I find something.