Deleting contact globally?

Az

Dec 19, 2017, 10:29:43 AM12/19/17
to GAM for G Suite
Hi,

Is there a way to delete a specific contact with x...@xyz.com email off everyone's account?

Thanks
Az

+KimNilsson

Dec 19, 2017, 1:18:59 PM12/19/17
to GAM for G Suite
I don't know if you can delete it directly, but with GAMADV-X you can find the contactID of it and then delete the unique ID from each user.

gam redirect csv ./bad_contacts.csv all users print contacts emailmatchpattern "exact...@address.here"

That will give you a CSV of that contact within all users' address lists.

You can then push that csv back through gam.

gam csv ./bad_contacts.csv gam delete contacts user ~User delete contactid ~ContactID

But, also maybe this could work.

gam all users delete contacts emailmatchpattern "exact...@address.here"

(No, it doesn't work. I just tested it. There's something wrong with my syntax for a direct delete, if it's even possible.)

Bent Lee

Dec 21, 2017, 1:05:09 PM12/21/17
to GAM for G Suite
Thanks Kim,
I am new to gam and I noticed you saying Gamadv-X. I have no idea how to install that...baby steps..;) Have you tried out your command to see if it does work and that it does delete from Other contacts or most contacted for all domain users.
Thanks
Bent

Dan Seward

Dec 7, 2018, 7:07:26 AM12/7/18
to GAM for G Suite

Jonathan Tepper

Oct 11, 2022, 6:01:02 PM10/11/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Syntax is now, at least worked for me.

gam csv ./bad_contacts.csv gam user ~User delete othercontacts ~resourceName
- - - - - - - - - - - -

This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential and proprietary information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or have otherwise received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and be advised that the use, disclosure or copying of any portion of this message is unauthorized and may be unlawful.  Please permanently delete the original message, including any attachments, without making a copy.

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, ou si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez le mentionner immédiatement a l'expéditeur et effacer ce courriel, ainsi que toutes les pièces ci-jointes. Toute utilisation, diffusion ou reproduction non autorisée est interdite.

SU Dennis Teper

Dec 5, 2022, 5:06:17 PM12/5/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Jonathan what version of GAM are you running? I was not able to get this command working with this syntax on version 6.21, appears to be related to a change after 6.08. https://github.com/taers232c/GAMADV-XTD3/wiki/Users-People-Contacts-Profiles#notes

Ross Scroggs

Dec 5, 2022, 5:11:23 PM12/5/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Message has been deleted

Jonathan Tepper

Dec 5, 2022, 5:28:44 PM12/5/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
I should have clarified, as Ross indicated, I used GAMADV-XTD3. Version 6.27.10 in this case.

Ross thanks for sending me an invite. Happy to connect if more needs to be covered. The two folders have very similar files and nomenclature, GAM.exe, gam-setup, etc. and realized I was referring to Advance GAM.