Reassigning Service Account

Danny Bindschusz

Mar 30, 2023, 10:26:23 AM3/30/23
to GAM for Google Workspace
I'm trying to change Gam's service account and I'm stuck. I deleted the OAuth.txt file and then ran "Gam Info Domain". Then I input the new service account, which is a Super Admin. It asks for a verification code but the URL it sends to me is restricted.
GAM-Auth.PNG
So I am unable to get a verification code. Any ideas?

Ross Scroggs

Mar 30, 2023, 10:28:30 AM3/30/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Jay Lee

Mar 30, 2023, 10:29:24 AM3/30/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
These are not service accounts, at least in Google terminology. These are generic Workspace accounts, you probably named it something like g...@yourorg.com.

You need to mark the GAM client ID as trusted. Look in client_secrets.json and grab the value for client_id. Then mark that app as trusted:

Jay

Jay Lee

Danny Bindschusz

Mar 30, 2023, 4:36:20 PM3/30/23
to GAM for Google Workspace
Thanks for the prompt response! And you are right, it's not a service account. I used poor terminology in my original post. I checked over the settings in that link and everything was set correctly except for what you mentioned, marking the app as trusted. So I added the Gam app and made it trusted. I tried again to get the code (using the gam command "gam info domain" and following the prompts), but I still got the same error. Maybe I need to wait a little bit so I'll try again later. But if you have any other suggestions, please let me know! Thanks for your help! I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to working with api's.

Ross Scroggs

Mar 30, 2023, 4:44:09 PM3/30/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Danny,

Send me a Meet/Zoom invitation

Ross

Danny Bindschusz

Mar 31, 2023, 7:58:46 AM3/31/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ross,

I have time this afternoon around 1pm if you do. If not, let me know and we can work out another time. Here's the link:

GAM Troubleshooting
Friday, March 31 · 1:00 – 2:00pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/hqi-wtcr-jhj
Or dial: ‪(US) +1 541-600-2285‬ PIN: ‪807 795 603‬#

Thanks for your help!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GAM for Google Workspace" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/CAJkvRS9s1fa7Qxe2ftH%3DwmQjTzvj%2BsO-GDdsk2F2eEZ62%3DweTw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Danny Bindschusz
Help Desk Manager

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  The contents of this e-mail message may not be shared on social media without my express written permission. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this e-mail message including any attachments, or any information contained in this e-mail message including any attachments. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message. Thank you.

In the case of an emergency, Student and/or Parent should contact the police immediately.  If the nature of a Parent contact to Collegium staff is directly related to the well-being/safety of any student, please contact the police immediately.  Staff members are not required to check and/or respond to parent emails outside of the scheduled school day (MS and HS - 7:15 am to 3:30 pm; Elementary - 7:50 am to 4:10 pm).

Ross Scroggs

Mar 31, 2023, 9:28:05 AM3/31/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Danny,

I'll be available at 1:00 PM PDT.

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs

Danny Bindschusz

Mar 31, 2023, 9:34:49 AM3/31/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Great! See you then! Thanks so much!

Danny Bindschusz

Mar 31, 2023, 2:09:12 PM3/31/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Ross,

I was able to uninstall and reinstall GAM and that seemed to resolve the problem! I'm up and running again! Thanks for offering to help!