Gam instance suddenly not working

Matthew Sheinberg

Dec 10, 2019, 11:59:45 AM12/10/19
to GAM for G Suite
One of my colleagues is an admin on two domains, with two gam instances in separate folders. Until this week there's not been a problem. Yesterday, one instance is working fine, and the other (the instance that works with the domain I'm a part of), he gets the following message whenever he tries to run a gam command:

unauthorized_client: Client is unauthorized to retrieve access tokens using this method, or client not authorized for any of the scopes requested.

When he tried to make a new Gam project (even downloaded the latest gam from github to be safe, and put it in a new directory), first the domain wouldn't let him authorize the app (got the following error message on the browser side when authorizing with google)
Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app
This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.

I found a workaround for this issue in this forum, but even after doing the workaround and authorizing the app on the web interface, he still couldn't do any GAM commands, and got the error that you see at the top. Any thoughts?

Jay Lee

Dec 10, 2019, 12:02:26 PM12/10/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
What command is he running? What does he get when he runs:

gam user some...@yourdomain.com check serviceaccount

Jay

Matthew Sheinberg

Dec 11, 2019, 2:16:37 PM12/11/19
to GAM for G Suite
Ran the serviceaccount command, showed several "fails" and used the remedies gam recommended. All fixed. Thanks