Bulk Delete User and Transfer Ownership

Timothy Musa

Aug 6, 2015, 1:49:17 PM8/6/15
to Google Apps Manager
Hello,

I work at a school district and we are starting the process of deleting all of the 8th grade students.  I have figured out how to use GAM to create a list of all of the Suspended student account, and how to use that list to delete those accounts.  What I would like to add is the ability to transfer ownership of any shared documents to another user.  I saw some threads asking about this from a few years ago.  I was wondering if anyone has put together a script that does this.  I see some theoretical ways to do this using the 'show filelist' option, though I have had mixed results with this command.

Or, is there a way to see if the use has any shared files?  Because if the student doesn't have any shared files, I don't need to transfer ownership of any files.

Just hoping to get something automated for the start of this school year.

Thanks, Tim