Error 403: Request rate higher than configured. - quotaExceeded

Ryan Bahten

Sep 22, 2014, 8:40:31 PM9/22/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Just got this error today when trying to add 25 user accounts:

Error 403: Request rate higher than configured. - quotaExceeded

I've done more accounts at once than this as recently as last week with no issues. I've check my API Console and I'm not even beginning to get close to any of my quota limits. Some of the 25 accounts were created (about 15 of them initially), when re-running the command a few more (about 4-5) were added, but I'm still getting the quotaExceeded error on the remaining. Running GAM 3.21 on Mac OSX 10.9.5.

Thanks,
--Ryan

Jim Topoleski

Sep 24, 2014, 10:02:35 AM9/24/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
How large is your domain? We haver been dealing with the same issue since Thursday for commands like domain info or adding users to groups and suspect the size of the domain is playing a part. We have a active case open currently with Google but other than sending debug logs and testing using the OAuth playground they really haven't been able to shed any light on whats going on with us.

Seems its independent of what version of GAM you use. I have go to the latest beta build all the way down to version 3.0.7 and all of them are failing and giving us

Error 403: Request rate higher than configured. - quotaExceeded

Even when our quotas haven't even hit 1%

Ryan Bahten

Sep 24, 2014, 11:03:57 AM9/24/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,
We have about 4500 users in our domain, but have never run into this problem before with GAM. I haven't tried updating to 3.32 yet, still on 3.21. I was only adding 25 new users and it gave me the -quota Exceeded error. I ended up breaking my .csv file I was importing into 5 groups of 5 and it then ran correctly. A little more time consuming, but still better than adding them manually via the Admin Console. Would love to hear what your feedback is from Google; I suspect something must have changed on their end and I'd love to figure out what it was.
Ryan

Jim Topoleski

Sep 24, 2014, 11:09:01 AM9/24/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I can't wait to hear too, as we have scripts that kick off in a week that will fail with the current issue happening. In my case I was adding about 1000 users to a Google Group only for it to start failing while it was running. After that it started failing even running gam info domain. Some commands like whatis or user settings work fine though so it specific to certain APIs it seems.

Jay Lee

Sep 24, 2014, 11:10:24 AM9/24/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
If you guys have Google support case #s for these can you post them here or email them to me direct?

Jay Lee

Ryan Bahten

Sep 24, 2014, 3:49:01 PM9/24/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Jay,
I haven't submitted a support case on this yet, but if I do I will forward you the results. Would you recommend I try updating to 3.4 or do you suspect that won't help this issue?
Thanks,
--Ryan

On Monday, September 22, 2014 8:40:31 PM UTC-4, Ryan Bahten wrote:
Just got this error today when trying to add 25 user accounts:

Error 403: Request rate higher than configured. - quotaExceeded

I've done more accounts at once than this as recently as last week with no issues. I've check my API Console and I'm not even beginning to get close to any of my quota limits. Some of the 25 accounts were created (about 15 of them initially), when re-running the command a few more (about 4-5) were added, but I'm still getting the quotaExceeded error on the remaining. Running GAM 3.21 on Mac OSX 10.9.5.

Thanks,
--Ryan

Jay Lee

Sep 24, 2014, 3:50:01 PM9/24/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
won't help. GAM 3.4 does nothing different to handle this error.

Jay Lee

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.

Jim Topoleski

Sep 24, 2014, 3:51:24 PM9/24/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
From my testing it hasn't shown to help. We have gone from 3.0.7 to the latest beta and still seen the problem.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google Apps Manager" group.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/cd4f6aa9-ac8a-4857-bd09-5200d68474b3%40googlegroups.com.

James Topoleski
Macintosh Systems Administrator
Alternative Client Systems - Information Technology
IEEE Operations Center
445 Hoes Ln.
Piscataway NJ 08854
p 732.562.5565 c 908.337.3761 e j.top...@ieee.org

Jim Topoleski

Sep 29, 2014, 12:18:29 PM9/29/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jay,

As of this morning everything started working again, but no explanation from Google what happened in the first place and no updates on the case which was a P1.

Jay Lee

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.

Ronald Jarrell

Aug 17, 2015, 9:20:48 PM8/17/15
to Google Apps Manager
Was there ever a resolution to this other than "it suddenly stopped"?  I have a job that syncs up some groups and two weeks ago it was doing tens of thousands of transactions with nary a burp, and tonight suddenly it started throwing this error if I added more than 10-15 people to a group.