make alias address the primary email address

ict sgi (Pieterjan Props)

Oct 2, 2014, 9:13:40 AM10/2/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
In our school we have an old domain named sgi-anderlecht.be
This domain has been replaced by sintguido.be many years ago.

Because of the many many users, the emailadresses were kept in the old sgi- address but everyone has already an alias with the sintguido.be
Now we finally want to change the primary address sintguido.be

In the google apps console we can change that one by one but I would like to automate it with gam.
I can't find how, so here's my question: how can I make an alias mailadres the primary email address and vice versa.

thanks in advance

Graham Ingleby

Oct 6, 2014, 11:27:24 AM10/6/14
to GAM group
Have you tried the update user command https://github.com/jay0lee/GAM/wiki/GAM3DirectoryCommands#update-and-rename-a-user

Not sure if it will accept an address that is already an alias, try it and see?
Otherwise it would be remove alias (gam delete alias <alias>), then rename as above (when you rename the original address becomes an alias)

 Graham Ingleby | Cloud Computing Consultant | 01344 203395 | ging...@ancoris.com

This message is for the named person's use only. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Ancoris reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Ancoris Limited, Registered in England Number: 04830784, Registered address: 5a Frascati Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4UY. Trading Address: Lily Hill House, Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2SJ