Urgent: delete all shares to a specific user

Biaf Chalabi

Sep 13, 2017, 12:08:43 PM9/13/17
to GAM for G Suite
Hi, Can anyone help me out here (urgent matter), apologies:

I tried a command to delete all shares that user A made to user B (user b is also external, but shouldn't matter I think...)

I tried this command that I saw on the internet: gam csv - gam user UserA @ x.com "~Owner" delete drivefileacl ~id userB @ x.com

But it doesn't do anything for me.. Can anyone help me out with this? BEcause I really need all shares gone for user B that user A made..

Biaf Chalabi

Sep 13, 2017, 12:10:03 PM9/13/17
to GAM for G Suite
Apologies double post, I didn't see my first post appear so I thought I made a mistake...

Ross Scroggs

Sep 13, 2017, 12:13:45 PM9/13/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Bias,

How did you generate the CSV file that you must be piping into gam csv -?
What errors are you getting?

Ross

Ross Scroggs

Sep 13, 2017, 12:19:14 PM9/13/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Biaf,

gam user us...@x.com print filelist id | gam csv - gam user ~Owner delete drivefileacl ~id us...@x.com

Ross

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 18:08:43 UTC+2, Biaf Chalabi wrote:
Hi, Can anyone help me out here (urgent matter), apologies:

I tried a command to delete all shares that user A made to user B (user b is also external, but shouldn't matter I think...)

I tried this command that I saw on the internet: gam csv - gam user UserA @ x.com "~Owner" delete drivefileacl ~id userB @ x.com

But it doesn't do anything for me.. Can anyone help me out with this? BEcause I really need all shares gone for user B that user A made..

Biaf Chalabi

Sep 13, 2017, 12:26:43 PM9/13/17
to GAM for G Suite
I have not generated anything actually? I just thought this was the command to delete the shares instantly.

So placing this command: gam user us...@x.com print filelist id | gam csv - gam user ~Owner delete drivefileacl ~id us...@x.com

Will delete all the shares to that users immediately or do I need to take some other actions before that?

Biaf

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 9:10 AM, Biaf Chalabi <biaf.c...@parklaneinsight.com> wrote:
Apologies double post, I didn't see my first post appear so I thought I made a mistake...

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 18:08:43 UTC+2, Biaf Chalabi wrote:
Hi, Can anyone help me out here (urgent matter), apologies:

I tried a command to delete all shares that user A made to user B (user b is also external, but shouldn't matter I think...)

I tried this command that I saw on the internet: gam csv - gam user UserA @ x.com "~Owner" delete drivefileacl ~id userB @ x.com

But it doesn't do anything for me.. Can anyone help me out with this? BEcause I really need all shares gone for user B that user A made..

Ross Scroggs

Sep 13, 2017, 12:55:16 PM9/13/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Biaf,

[...]