GAMADV - SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

edowning

Aug 3, 2018, 2:31:14 PM8/3/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hello,

Though I have set no_verify_ssl = TRUE and created noverifyssl.txt in the /gamadv-x directory, and emptied the contents of .gam/gamcache I am still seeing this error:

gamadv-x user$ ./gam user user@acmecorp.com show contacts
Getting all Contacts for user@acmecorp.com
Temporary error: 3 - Connection error: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:661), Backing off: 16 seconds, Retry: 4/10

edowning

Aug 3, 2018, 2:32:05 PM8/3/18
to GAM for G Suite
Oops I hit submit too soon!

Could you point me in the right direction here?

Ross Scroggs

Aug 3, 2018, 2:56:49 PM8/3/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
GAMADV-X has all of its settings a configuration file which you can edit by hand or via the command line.
What you want is: gam config no_verify_ssl true save

Ross

edowning

Aug 3, 2018, 3:32:39 PM8/3/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross, thank you. As I mentioned I did edit the gam.cfg file as follows:

no_cache = false
no_update_check = false
no_verify_ssl = true
num_tbatch_threads = 2

On Friday, August 3, 2018 at 2:31:14 PM UTC-4, edowning wrote:
Hello,

Though I have set no_verify_ssl = TRUE and created noverifyssl.txt in the /gamadv-x directory, and emptied the contents of .gam/gamcache I am still seeing this error:

gamadv-x user$ ./gam user user@acmecorp.com show contacts
Getting all Contacts for user@acmecorp.com
Temporary error: 3 - Connection error: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:661), Backing off: 16 seconds, Retry: 4/10

edowning

Aug 3, 2018, 4:02:33 PM8/3/18
to GAM for G Suite
I noticed you showed the CLI command which I ran:

gamadv-x eric$ ./gam config no_verify_ssl true save

Config File: /Users/eric/.gam/gam.cfg, Saved

gamadv
-x eric$ ./gam user user@acmecorp.com show contacts

Getting all Contacts for user@acmecorp.com

Temporary error: 3 - Connection error: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:661), Backing off: 16 seconds, Retry: 4/10

Ross Scroggs

Aug 3, 2018, 4:06:28 PM8/3/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

Send me a private email, we should continue this offline.

Ross

Andrew Mullins

Aug 31, 2018, 3:56:49 PM8/31/18
to GAM for G Suite
Did anything come of this private conversation? I am also running into an ssl cert verification issue (with the same contacts endpoint, as a matter of fact).
The calendars endpoint works just fine. This is only an issue with the contacts...

mbp:gamadv-x user$ ./gam user testuser@domain.com show contacts
Getting all Contacts for testuser@domain.com
Temporary error: 3 - Connection error: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:661), Backing off: 16 seconds, Retry: 4/10
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-apps-manager+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Ross Scroggs

Sep 6, 2018, 12:40:45 AM9/6/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

I found the problem, it is fixed in GAMADV-X 4.60.25

Ross

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.

Eric Downing

Sep 6, 2018, 11:49:00 AM9/6/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Oh great! What was it? I scoured my FW logs, etc. Couldn't find anything of interest.

Eric Downing
| Sales Engineer

edow...@upcurvecloud.com

UpCurve Cloud
Office: (310) 400-5803 | Mobile: (786) 431-7918
www.upcurvecloud.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GAM for G Suite" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.

Ross Scroggs

Sep 6, 2018, 11:55:05 AM9/6/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

I made a change a while back to help people who have a firewall that does DPI which requires that Gam have knowledge about the firewall's SSL certificate.
In the process I broke the GData API calls from seeing the proper cacerts.pem file.
If you've set no_verify_ssl true in gam.cfg, try setting it to false (gam config no_verify_ssl false save) and test your commands.