Adding an Attendee to a Calendar Event

Jeffrey Wickersty

Jan 25, 2022, 5:00:42 PM1/25/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi all,

I've been hitting my head against a well with this for too long and thought I'd ask for help from the community. I've read through the gam and gamadv documentation and I believe I'm using the correct command.

My Goal
Update a calendar event to add a new attendee (and ideally, make the attendee already accepted)

The Users
user1(at)domain.com: The host of the calendar event
user2(at)domain.com: The attendee I'm trying to add (and ideally mark as accepted)

The Commands
1) I tried this one, expecting the calendar event on user1's calendar to be updated with user2 as a confirmed attendee
gam calendar user1(at)domain.com update event id abc123abd123 attendee user2(at)domain.com status confirmed

2) I tried this one, expecting the calendar event on user2's calendar to be updated himself being added as a confirmed attendee
gam calendar user2(at)domain.com update event id abc123abd123 attendee user2(at)domain.com status confirmed

Both of these resulted in user2 being added to the event as an attendee, but still awaiting response status (needsAction status).

Any ideas? Any comments on which of the two commands is appropriate (with the host as the gam calendar <user> or the attendee as the gam calendar <user>)?

Thanks a lot!

Jeff

Ross Scroggs

Jan 25, 2022, 5:12:22 PM1/25/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

gam calendar user1(at)domain.com update event id abc123abd123 attendeestatus accepted user2(at)domain.com

Ross

Jeffrey Wickersty

Jan 26, 2022, 9:32:58 AM1/26/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
That's it! Thanks Ross, I appreciate you!

Jamison Donato

Feb 8, 2022, 11:12:39 AM2/8/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
I have been successful with this for a single event.
gam calendar user1(at)domain.com update event id [eventId] attendeestatus accepted user2(at)domain.com sendnotifications false

However I'm attempting to update a recurring series.
I seem to be able to update a single event occurrence, but even using something such as this, the event seems unchanged in the calendar,
gam calendar user1(at)domain.com update event id [recurringEventId_timeStamp] attendeestatus accepted user2(at)domain.com sendnotifications false

even though pulling info for the event series does show user2 responseStatus as accepted:
 email: user2(at)domain.com
        responseStatus: accepted

Sure I can update each event in the series but trying to see if theres a way to apply it in one command.   Thx