Update or Sync Group Members and Managers via CSV

ESchmidt

May 29, 2019, 4:54:27 PM5/29/19
to GAM for G Suite
I have been able to add members from a csv via command line as shown below:

gam update group grou...@email.com add member csvfile C:\UserList.csv:Email

The problem is it only adds users as members

Is there a way to sync all members and managers of a group via a csv file?  I have a file that matches the fields used in Bulk Uploads via the GSuite Group web interface and it defines users and their role, but I cannot find a way to do it in GAM.

Any help is appreciated.

Ross Scroggs

May 29, 2019, 5:38:15 PM5/29/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
What version of Gam do you have?

Ross

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Ross Scroggs

May 29, 2019, 5:38:49 PM5/29/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Show me your header ow as well.

Ross

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 1:54 PM 'ESchmidt' via GAM for G Suite <google-ap...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

ESchmidt

May 29, 2019, 5:45:07 PM5/29/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross,

My header row in the csv is:
Group Email Member Email Member Type Member Role Member Name

my gam info is

Python 2.7.16 64-bit final
google-api-python-client 1.7.8
oauth2client 4.1.3
Windows-10-10.0.17134 AMD64

Ross Scroggs

May 29, 2019, 6:07:34 PM5/29/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I'm somewhat confused about your headers relative to the sample command you showed.
My header row in the csv is:
Group EmailMember EmailMember TypeMember RoleMember Name

gam update group grou...@email.com add member csvfile C:\UserList.csv:Email

The sample command references a header "Email", but I don't see a header Email.

If you split the UserList.csv file in two, OwnersList.csv and MembersList.csv, you could do (subject to getting the header right):
gam update group grou...@email.com add owner csvfile C:\OwnerList.csv:Email
gam update group grou...@email.com add member csvfile C:\MemberList.csv:Email

Ross

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

ESchmidt

May 29, 2019, 6:32:09 PM5/29/19
to GAM for G Suite
Thank you, Ross

Is there any way to sync to these lists if I break them apart into Members and Managers?  Meaning, I would like to periodically ensure that some users are removed from the list and others are added based on a fully updated csv file.

Ross Scroggs

Ross Scroggs

May 29, 2019, 6:43:57 PM5/29/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
This is a case for Advanced GAM, send me a private email, we'll get you going and share the results.

Ross

Thank you, Ross

Ross Scroggs