Bulk mobile device wiping

Andrea Ecarma

Sep 4, 2019, 1:58:31 PM9/4/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hello All,

Is there a method to wipe mobile devices via gamadv-xtd3? I have tried the following command

For a group of users:
gam delete mobile <MobileEntity> matchusers group group@domain.com

as well as

For an individual:
gam update mobile <mobileID> action wipe matchusers user user@domain.com

But I receive an invalid argument error no matter how much I modify the command. Can anyone please provide any guidance as to what im missing or need to add?

Ross Scroggs

Sep 4, 2019, 2:07:03 PM9/4/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Andrea,

Please show the error messages.

Ross

This message (and any associated files) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by sending a reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Andrea Ecarma

Sep 4, 2019, 3:35:18 PM9/4/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hello Ross,

Please see the attached file for the screenshot

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 10:58 AM Andrea Ecarma <andrea...@test.mavenwave.com> wrote:
[...]

gam_mobile_wipe.png

Kevin Melillo ✉

Sep 10, 2019, 10:45:40 AM9/10/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I do this in three steps currently.  There may be an easier way to get this done, but so far, it works.

First Step: do a query to get the mobile resource ID, and write it to a temporary file
gam print mobile query "email:<emailHere>" >> tmp.mobile-data.csv

Second Step: use the information in the temporary file to wipe the device
gam csv tmp.mobile-data.csv gam update mobile ~resourceId action account_wipe

Third Step: delete tmp.mobile-data.csv

Let me know if it works out for you.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 3:35 PM Andrea Ecarma <andrea...@test.mavenwave.com> wrote:
[...]

photo
Kevin Melillo
Electronic Communications Analyst, Information Technology

Phone: 732.465.6609 | Mobile: 732-609-4331

Email: k.me...@ieee.org

445 Hoes Lane Piscataway, NJ 08854