Errors using CSV to move users to new OU

Darryl Cobb

Apr 1, 2020, 6:25:16 PM4/1/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hi,
New to GAM for Mac and having a time trying to move users from our top level into sub OUs. We have multiple domains, so many users with different email domains. We are separating them into their respective OUs. I downloaded all users in our top level with a specific domain (e.g., @School3.org).  I moved past gam not finding the file to consistently telling me <command> is not a valid argument for "gam update"

Headers:

primaryEmail

name.fullName

orgUnitPath

  (orgUnitPath is filled with the destination OU)

Scripts tried and error:
gam csv /users/darrylcobb/sysaddresses.csv | gam update users ("gam csv <filename>" must be followed by a full GAM command...)

gam csv /users/darrylcobb/sysaddresses.csv | gam update ~orgUnitPath "/Systems Accounts (~orgunitpath is not a valid argument for "gam update")

I have version 5.03 for MAC OS, but I noticed it doesn't list Catalina as supported yet.
Once we have this figured out, we can move our various domains into their proper OUs.
Thanks,
Darryl

Ross Scroggs

Apr 1, 2020, 6:37:19 PM4/1/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Darryl,

gam csv /users/darrylcobb/sysaddresses.csv gam update user ~primaryEmail ou ~orgUnitPath

Darryl Cobb

Apr 1, 2020, 6:43:21 PM4/1/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks SO much, Ross!  That works like a dream.
--

Darryl Cobb
Technical Support Lead