Google Vault?

Corey Koltz

Mar 25, 2014, 2:21:58 PM3/25/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I have read it has been integrated but I cannot find any commands. Anybody been able to automatically add users to Vault for licenses?

Thanks,

Corey

Graham Ingleby

Mar 26, 2014, 8:08:42 AM3/26/14
to GAM group

 Graham Ingleby | Cloud Computing Consultant |  01344 203395 |  ging...@ancoris.com

This message is for the named person's use only. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Ancoris reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Ancoris Limited, Registered in England Number: 04830784, Registered address: 5a Frascati Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4UY. Trading Address: Lily Hill House, Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2SJ

koltz

Mar 26, 2014, 9:02:24 AM3/26/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I know how to manually add them but I was hoping based on this group, there was a way to write a GAM script to do this automatically so I didn't have to remember to do it whenever we have new staff/students.

Graham Ingleby

Mar 26, 2014, 10:37:23 AM3/26/14
to GAM group
Sorry, I read that you wanted ALL users to have a licence

Not seen anything in GAM for assigning licences, sorry

 Graham Ingleby |  Cloud Computing Consultant |  01344 203395 | ging...@ancoris.com

Jay Lee

Mar 26, 2014, 12:48:00 PM3/26/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

See:

https://code.google.com/p/google-apps-manager/wiki/LicenseExamples

Vault isn't currently listed but:

gam all users add license vault

Should work fine.

Jay

--
Jay Lee
Sent from my Moto X

Corey Koltz

Mar 27, 2014, 9:05:07 AM3/27/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

What do I need to enable in the Developers Console to get this to work? It is giving me an Error 403: Access Not Configured error.

Thanks,

Corey Koltz

District Technology Coordinator

Wautoma Area School District

514 S Cambridge St / PO Box 870

Wautoma, WI 54982-0870

E: kol...@wautoma.k12.wi.us

P: (920)787-1700 F: (920)787-1513

Jay Lee

Mar 27, 2014, 9:24:08 AM3/27/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
turn on the Enterprise License API.

Regards,

Jay Lee
Director, Apps Deployments   |  Dito
☎ (267) 712-9533  |  ✉ j...@ditoweb.com

Corey Koltz

Mar 27, 2014, 9:30:31 AM3/27/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

I tried it initially and it didn’t work. It had to take time to sync. Thanks for the help!

koltz

Mar 27, 2014, 10:07:40 AM3/27/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
One more question. When I try and add all users, it errors when it reaches a user that was already added. When adding users to groups, I can tell it to update the list based on the OU and it will skip users already in the group and just add the new. If I try an update in the license command it gives me an error.

"Error 500: For reassign operation new sku should be different than the old sku : Google-Vault - conditionNotMet"

JAKNY

Apr 2, 2015, 11:31:26 AM4/2/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Jumping on this thread about another google vault question.  I'd like to also have the ability to assign a user to the "Google Apps Vault - Former Employee" via GAM.  So 2 questions:
1. Do you need to unassign any licenses before assigning the former employee license?
2.  What is the command for assigning a user to the former employee license?

-Jennifer

IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE.

This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is intended for use only by the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail, and any copies or printouts.

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL.

Jay Lee

Apr 2, 2015, 11:43:22 AM4/2/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
See Google's help article at:

GAM supports the License Manager API. If you are an Apps for Work customer you can run:

gam user formere...@acme.com update license vfe from vault

if you've moved to Google Apps Unlimited / Drive for Work you should use:

gam user formere...@acme.com add license vfe

both commands will take any other Apps/Vault licenses the user already has off and give them a VFE license.

In particular, you should NEVER be removing a Apps or Vault license from a user whose data you wish to keep, even if it's just before giving them a VFE license.

Jay Lee

Message has been deleted

JAKNY