Preventing DDOS attacks

Ajo Jose

Nov 24, 2022, 6:43:14 AM11/24/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi Team,

can we prevent senders from sending more than 20 emails to our domain a day to prevent any possible attacks?

David Amos

Nov 24, 2022, 10:03:24 AM11/24/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
I think your best option on this is too look at a service like mimecast in front of Google Workspace, or if you have Trend WFBS use their email protection/protection form your AV vendor, as most will have something for these.

Limiting emails does not always work, especially if you have a large chain email on the go etc...

Kind Regards

Dave

Ajo Jose

Nov 24, 2022, 11:22:05 AM11/24/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi David,

Thanks

Message has been deleted

Patrick Haley

Nov 29, 2022, 12:35:59 AM11/29/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Don't forget to set up DMARC. We recently updated our policies following Google's recommended rollout and cut back our spam significantly. https://support.google.com/a/topic/2759254?hl=en&ref_topic=9061731&fl=1

For monitoring DMARC reports during rollout I use https://powerdmarc.com/ which was great for identifying all the services trying to send emails from our domain before fully applying the policy.

Feel free to reach out if you need any help.