GAM OU Command for mail signature

Matt Lucas

Dec 13, 2016, 10:59:45 AM12/13/16
to GAM for G Suite
I am trying to add a mail signature for our pupils, but I want a different one for each OU.

I have a OU called pupils and inside it year of entry 14/15/16 ect

I have tried:

gam ou "Pupils/Y9 Entry" signature file C:\GAM\Pupil-Signatures\y9.txt

I get the following error:

Getting all users in the Google Apps organization (may take some time on a large
 domain)...

ERROR: 400: Invalid Input: INVALID_OU_ID - invalid

Any ideas?

Ross Scroggs

Dec 13, 2016, 11:52:26 AM12/13/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Matt,

It's not clear to me what the OU names are; I read that you have:
Pupils/14
Pupils/15
Pupils/16

Is this correct? What is Pupils/Y9 Entry?
It seems that you could have a CSV file ouyears.csv
Year
14
15
16

gam csv ouyears.csv gam ou Pupils/~~Year~~ signature file C:\GAM\Pupil-Signatures\~~Year~~.txt

Ross

Chilwell School
Queens Road West
Beeston
Nottingham
NG9 5AL

Tel: 0115 925 2698
Fax: 0115 925 8167

Please consider the environment before printing this email

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential or subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the School.

**PLEASE NOTE** Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and quality purposes.

Matt Lucas

Dec 14, 2016, 2:33:17 AM12/14/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
We have an OU called "Chilwell Pupils", then inside that another OU called "Y12 Entry", I am not familiar with the CSV command.

Matt

Matt Lucas

Information Systems Manager

Ross Scroggs

Dec 18, 2016, 10:43:59 AM12/18/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Matt,

OK, here's a slightly simpler scheme. Make a CSV file , ousig.csv with two columns:
ou,sig
/Chilwell Pupils/Y9 Entry,y9.txt
/Chilwell Pupils/Y10 Entry,y10.txt
/Chilwell Pupils/Y11 Entry,y11.txt
/Chilwell Pupils/Y12 Entry,y12.txt

Give the command: gam csv ousig.csv gam ou "~ou" signature file "C:\GAM\Pupil-Signatures\~~sig~~"

Matt Lucas

Dec 19, 2016, 2:39:11 AM12/19/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks. Perfect.