adding and updating accounts

Bill Gowan

Sep 2, 2014, 5:55:30 PM9/2/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

It's time to add all our new students and reset the passwords for existing ones.  Is there a way for me to just create a text file of all the students and have it create new students and update the existing ones?  It would be nice to add the new ones to the proper OU.  (They are organized by expected graduation year). I have less than 2000 students total.

I am using PowerShell on Windows using GAM 3.21

Thanks in advance for any help,
Bill

Brian Gray

Sep 2, 2014, 7:44:30 PM9/2/14

On Tuesday, September 2, 2014 4:55:30 PM UTC-5, Bill Gowan wrote:

It's time to add all our new students and reset the passwords for existing ones.  Is there a way for me to just create a text file of all the students and have it create new students and update the existing ones?  It would be nice to add the new ones to the proper OU.  (They are organized by expected graduation year). I have less than 2000 students total.

Bill - I have examples for creating new users and placing them into an OU by using a CSV file in this folder: http://goo.gl/HJPsQm

There's a file with examples for creating one or many users, and another file with examples for applying other commands.  You can use those to get an idea of how to do what you want to do.

(If possible, I would reset the existing users first, and then create the new accounts.)

Bill Gowan

Sep 3, 2014, 8:29:25 PM9/3/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the help and the advice Brian!!!