Add a calendar event and reserve a resource for it using GAM?

UUCP Tech

Jun 29, 2022, 8:34:44 PM6/29/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Is there a way to add a calendar event and reserve a resource all at once?

I know that I can upload events with locations included directly into the calendar using Settings > Import & export, but I want to reserve resources.

We rent out rooms during the school year, and it would be great to be able to do all those reservations other than by entering them manually.

UUCP Tech

Mar 25, 2023, 2:48:21 PM3/25/23
to GAM for Google Workspace
So I posed this question last year and had no responses.

It's getting to be that time of year again, when I need to add a bunch of recurring and single events to a Google Calendar *and* reserve resources for them.

I posed the question in Reddit last year, and someone recommended GAM.

I checked again, and I still  don't see anything that indicates I can do that other than manually.

Hoping that someone will tell me I'm wrong and there's a reasonable way to do it.

Maj Marshall Giguere

Mar 25, 2023, 3:01:15 PM3/25/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Suggested reading for advanced GAM calendar events https://github.com/taers232c/GAMADV-XTD3/wiki/Calendars-Events#calendars---events and recurrence https://github.com/taers232c/GAMADV-XTD3/wiki/Calendars-Events#recurrence-rules

Maj Marshall E Giguere

NH Wing Director of IT

Civil Air Patrol, U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

GoCivilAirPatrol.com

nhwg.cap.gov

Volunteers serving America's communities, saving lives, and shaping futures.

Maj Marshall Giguere

Mar 25, 2023, 5:04:09 PM3/25/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Example:

Here's an event added to the "someuser" calendar that recurs every Sunday.  The time seems to have to be specified in UTC time, at least that's what I was able to make work.  The recurrence rule was copied from another event with the same repeat pattern.

$ gam calendar some...@example.com add event summary "TEST EVENT" description "This is for demo purposes" start "2023-03-26T14:00:00Z" timezone "America/New_York" end "2023-03-26T14:30:00Z" timezone "America/New_York"  recurrence "RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;BYDAY=SU"

Maj Marshall E Giguere

NH Wing Director of IT

Civil Air Patrol, U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

GoCivilAirPatrol.com

nhwg.cap.gov

Volunteers serving America's communities, saving lives, and shaping futures.

Ross Scroggs

Mar 25, 2023, 7:20:13 PM3/25/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Marsh,

Zulu not required. Replace Z with your local offset from GMT: +hh:mm, -hh:mm

 gam calendar some...@example.com add event summary "TEST EVENT" description "This is for demo purposes" start "2023-03-26T14:00:00-04:00" timezone "America/New_York" end "2023-03-26T14:30:00-04:00" timezone "America/New_York"  recurrence "RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;BYDAY=SU"

Ross

----

Ross Scroggs