Print all Users - not getting all

Richard Beltran

Jan 29, 2015, 11:07:47 AM1/29/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Awesome product, use it to manage over 24,000 accounts.

When I create new accounts and try to Print All Users, the new accounts are not showing in the export. Any ideas?

Using GAFE.

Thanks

Tercio Gaudencio Filho

Jan 29, 2015, 1:53:39 PM1/29/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Similar problem here.

I cannot retrieve users from another domain in print users.

If I "info user" I get all info about these users.

Anyone with same issue?

Regards,

Jay Lee

Jan 29, 2015, 1:59:54 PM1/29/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

There will always be some time delay between user creation and inclusion in the full user list. It sounds like this has recently gotten longer though.

Can anyone offer specifics of how long its taking a new user to show in the list?

Jay

Tercio Gaudencio Filho

Jan 29, 2015, 2:02:27 PM1/29/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Well, do you have any idea about how long it takes?

I'm waiting like 4 hours...

This is not a GAM issue, I tried in the API explorer(https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk/directory/v1/reference/users/list) and same issue.

Regards,

--
Tercio Gaudencio Filho

Richard Beltran

Jan 29, 2015, 2:37:47 PM1/29/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Ran my first print all at 745 this morning, still does not show new accounts.

--
Tercio Gaudencio Filho

Greg Haverkamp

Jan 29, 2015, 2:50:46 PM1/29/15

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Tercio Gaudencio Filho <terci...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm waiting like 4 hours...

This is not a GAM issue, I tried in the API explorer(https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk/directory/v1/reference/users/list) and same issue.

I stopped watching at around 8 hours yesterday.  We just launched (yesterday) a new directory sync script, moving to the Directory API, from our 6-year old Provisioning API version, and it's causing all sorts of problems.  As expected (seeing as they're the same API), same issue with print users in GAM.  Our test domain did not reflect these issues; inserted users appeared in the list immediately.

I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to work around this.  We had been planning to go to event-based syncing, and this may rush that move.

Greg

Tercio Gaudencio Filho

Jan 29, 2015, 2:52:37 PM1/29/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I created a support ticket. I'll keep you posted.

--
Tercio Gaudencio Filho

Richard Beltran

Jan 29, 2015, 3:03:17 PM1/29/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thanks.

I was able to see the new accounts the following day?

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Greg Haverkamp <gahav...@lbl.gov> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Tercio Gaudencio Filho <terci...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm waiting like 4 hours...

This is not a GAM issue, I tried in the API explorer(https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk/directory/v1/reference/users/list) and same issue.

I stopped watching at around 8 hours yesterday.  We just launched (yesterday) a new directory sync script, moving to the Directory API, from our 6-year old Provisioning API version, and it's causing all sorts of problems.  As expected (seeing as they're the same API), same issue with print users in GAM.  Our test domain did not reflect these issues; inserted users appeared in the list immediately.

I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to work around this.  We had been planning to go to event-based syncing, and this may rush that move.

Greg

Greg Haverkamp

Jan 29, 2015, 3:24:30 PM1/29/15

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Tercio Gaudencio Filho <terci...@gmail.com> wrote:
I created a support ticket. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks.  I've also created one.  I just checked one user chosen at random.  Created yesterday by our script at 4:16 PM, and as of noon today, still not showing from Users.list.

Greg

Tercio Gaudencio Filho

Jan 29, 2015, 3:30:46 PM1/29/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I got an response:

Thank you for your message. I understand that you added a user account via API, but it isn't showing when you perform a list request.

Please note that it can take up to 24 hours to index users on your account. Having said that, we're investigating a propagation delay whereby it takes a few hours for some users to appear in the list request. Please try listing the users in a few hours, and if it persists after 24 hours, please reply with the following information:

Tercio Gaudencio Filho

Richard Beltran

Greg Haverkamp

Jan 29, 2015, 3:42:21 PM1/29/15

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Richard Beltran <richard...@myfsd.org> wrote:
Some sort of user indexing must have changed. It went from instantaneous to 24hrs.

It's why I don't usually bother, especially with API issues.  Their standard response is, "The problem is that you think this is a problem."

Greg

Richard Beltran

Jan 29, 2015, 4:08:35 PM1/29/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
That's true, I get that as well.

I heavily rely on the list, I hope they are able to restore to previous.

Andrew Moore

Jan 29, 2015, 5:42:09 PM1/29/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same issues, accounts created After Midnight Wednesday night, the 28th, are still not showing in the all user pull

Andrew Moore

Jan 29, 2015, 5:48:30 PM1/29/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I also, just put a ticket in with support and referenced this page for more info

Gregory Haverkamp

Jan 29, 2015, 11:04:16 PM1/29/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, the messages I received from Google were different.  The first acknowledged the problem and the second said he thought it was fixed.  Can't confirm for sure, as I'm out, but my log error emails stopped coming.  I'd hate to have to change my opinion of Google API support.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone

Tercio Gaudencio Filho

Jan 30, 2015, 2:45:10 PM1/30/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
The user I created yesterday show up in the API call...

It took almost 20 hours to show up.

--
Tercio Gaudencio Filho

Greg Haverkamp

Jan 30, 2015, 3:37:22 PM1/30/15

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Tercio Gaudencio Filho <terci...@gmail.com> wrote:
The user I created yesterday show up in the API call...

It took almost 20 hours to show up.

I can confirm that this is fixed for us.  Our newly inserted users are showing up on subsequent runs (an hour later.)  We're not using GAM for these particular actions, but we're using the same API calls.

Greg

Andrew Moore

Jan 30, 2015, 4:43:26 PM1/30/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm that between 6 and 8pm last night the new users started to show up and everything appears to be working fine

Richard Beltran

Feb 2, 2015, 2:39:43 PM2/2/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Looks like the issue is fixed. New accounts show up on the list.