Clear all profiles from chromebooks that sit in a sun OU

Visto 816 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Rick Humphrey

no leída,
14 jul 2021, 14:42:2514/7/21
a GAM for Google Workspace
I have a bunch of chromebooks sitting in an OU
domain>chrome Devices>shared

Is there a gam command that will wipe all the profiles of the devices the next time any user lifts a lid and starts up any of the chromebooks that sit in that OU?

Thank you all

Ross Scroggs

no leída,
14 jul 2021, 15:00:5514/7/21
a google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Rick,

gam issuecommand cros "query:orgunitpath:/chrome devices/shared" command wipe_users doit

Ross

Rick Humphrey

no leída,
30 jul 2021, 7:46:4930/7/21
a google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ross
I have been away on holidays so will try this next week. Thanks for the help on this.
I am going to guess regular gam will be able to do this and advance gam is not required.

Rick

--

Rick Humphrey
Wolf Creek Public Schools

Ross Scroggs

no leída,
30 jul 2021, 8:31:4230/7/21
a google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Rick,

This command is available in Standard and Advanced GAM.

Rick Humphrey

no leída,
18 ago 2021, 15:02:5218/8/21
a GAM for Google Workspace
Ross it worked like a charm except for one small case I think...thanks
I got a message that said
ERROR: 400 response from Google. This usually indicates the devices was not in a state where it will accept the command. For example, reboot, set_volume and take_a_screenshot require the device to be in auto-start kiosk app mode.

Do you have any idea why or how do I know if it actually completed on all when that was the final message? ( If it didn't finish do you know if I can I run the command multiple times, see below for another approach)

Also now I am wondering about doing smaller batches
Example I have a csv with a (A1) header device ID
A2 down gives the Device ID

The file is called eraseprofile.csv
Would there be a command to run again the CSV which would only erase the profiles from those specific devices listed in the CSV?

Thanks again, Your help is REALLY  appreciated.

Ross Scroggs

no leída,
18 ago 2021, 15:09:5618/8/21
a google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Rick,

gam csv eraseprofile.csv  gam issuecommand cros "~device ID" command wipe_users doit

Ross

--

Rick Humphrey

no leída,
18 ago 2021, 15:26:3418/8/21
a GAM for Google Workspace
Thanks again

Geromy Schrick

no leída,
23 ago 2022, 17:22:2523/8/22
a GAM for Google Workspace
Rick,
quick question on your script, do you know how long the request for "wipe_users" will attempt to communicate with the device?  If the status is pending, does it keep trying the unit unit it has success or is it a one time attempt and that's it?  I need to do this for a very large number of devices and I know they will not all be turned on at the time I run the script and wondered if it will just keep trying until success or not. Thanks

The information contained in this e-mail message, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the individuals or entities named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or forwarding of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender from Mustang Public Schools and delete the material from any computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Clint McGaha

no leída,
26 ago 2022, 15:28:1926/8/22
a GAM for Google Workspace
I tried using the command listed first in this thread , but get an error message for invalid OU  ID.  How should I handle the OU where the name has spaces:
Org is  /CleverStudents > Byng Junior High > 7

I used  gam issuecommand cros "query:orgunitpath:/CleverStudents/"Byng Junior High"/7" command wipe_users doit

I normally have to use the " "  around the school name due to spaces. Is that correct? Thanks

Ross Scroggs

no leída,
26 ago 2022, 15:46:4926/8/22
a google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Clint,

Use single quotes inside the double quotes

gam issuecommand cros "query:orgunitpath:'/CleverStudents/Byng Junior High/7'" command wipe_users doit

Ross

--

Clint McGaha

no leída,
26 ago 2022, 15:50:1026/8/22
a GAM for Google Workspace
I actually got it to work today by removing the outer quotes. I would've replied here, but I didn't even see that my question was posted. I thought maybe I had not been approved to post.

Here is what worked:

gam issuecommand cros query:orgunitpath:/CleverStudents/"Byng Junior High"/7 command wipe_users doit

Schrick, Geromy

no leída,
26 ago 2022, 15:51:0926/8/22
a google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Anyone,
quick question on the script, do you know how long the request for "wipe_users" will attempt to communicate with the device?  If the status is pending, does it keep trying the unit unit it has success or is it a one time attempt and that's it?  I need to do this for a very large number of devices and I know they will not all be turned on at the time I run the script and wondered if it will just keep trying until success or not. Thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GAM for Google Workspace" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/CAJkvRS-Qvpix12scNnFwUCko0y-wugRZe1d8qoo%2BnmyZfSHpaw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Geromy Schrick
Executive Director of Technology

Clint McGaha

no leída,
26 ago 2022, 15:58:5726/8/22
a GAM for Google Workspace
I am also watching for a an answer to this question. I am using the batch option and hoping it will catch many of them.
Se ha eliminado el mensaje

Ross Scroggs

no leída,
27 ago 2022, 11:28:5127/8/22
a google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Geromy,

It seems to be effictive indefinitely, I've see it wipe the users when thr ChromeBokk is turned on a week after the wipe_users command.

Schrick, Geromy

no leída,
27 ago 2022, 12:00:4027/8/22
a google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Great. Thanks. Just didn’t know if once I sent the command it is continuous or not.

Linda Petelik

no leída,
29 ago 2022, 10:09:1529/8/22
a google-ap...@googlegroups.com
In the GUI, it keeps the command active for 180 days. I would assume the same is true for a GAM command.

Sincerely,

Linda

Linda Petelik
Technology Support Manager
Ferguson-Florissant School District
8855 Dunn Rd.
Hazelwood, MO  63042
Voice: 314.824.2012

FFSD Technology Department Help! Documents - Student

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 12:00 PM Marion Bates <mba...@hanovernorwichschools.org> wrote:
I too have the same question. I just kicked off the command (Aug 26, 4:15pm EDT) and the output shows a series of

deviceId: xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx, commandId: 1661544954679
 commandId: 1661544954679
 type: WIPE_USERS
 issueTime: 2022-08-26T20:15:54.679Z
 state: PENDING
 commandExpireTime: 2023-02-22T20:15:54.679Z

So, I'm hopeful that the commandExpireTime means that it would wait until February of next year before it gives up.  :)  Will know more Monday and report back if I'm still alive.

-- MB

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar