Is it possible to restrict Calendar Resources Booking ?

Duaa El-hassan

Oct 4, 2018, 7:35:04 AM10/4/18
to GAM for G Suite
like even if i set Access permissions for a certain room , the room would still show in the unavailable rooms and still can be booked by other users .

what gam commad can disable the rooms from showing in " include unavailable rooms" tab when creating an event

MattL

Oct 11, 2018, 5:43:48 PM10/11/18
to GAM for G Suite
If I understand you correctly you can't. I believe what you are trying to do is make a resource completely private, including not showing up in "unavailable rooms" This is a limitation on the Google side of things.

Deborah Canales

May 17, 2024, 1:30:45 PMMay 17
to GAM for Google Workspace
HI All, this is an older topic but I'm reviving it to see if anyone knows if Google has made any changes in the ability to do this.   I am needing to do this same thing.

✉ Kevin Melillo

May 17, 2024, 1:37:00 PMMay 17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Is there a reason a secondary calendar shared out with the proper users can not be used for this?

Gretchen Beck

May 17, 2024, 1:50:14 PMMay 17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Yes and No (not GAM related):

Yes -- you can get the basic functionality with a secondary calendar,
but there is a tradeoff.

No -- The tradeoff is that the calendar is no longer available from
the Rooms section of events, has no concept of "you have too many
people for this room", and does not display features (such as video
conferencing equipment or telephony). You also don't get the "google
maps" association you can achieve with a resource calendar.

Using a secondary calendar also makes it a little more difficult to
transfer resource ownership.

A number of folks do use the secondary calendars for that purpose
here, but at least some have since converted to using Room resource
calendars.

--Gretchen

Gretchen Beck
Carnegie Mellon University