scripting GAM tasks

Mike Ryan Simonovich

Oct 2, 2013, 9:45:55 AM10/2/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have any experience with scripting GAM tasks? I do a lot of delegating inboxes and calendars to long list of users. Right now, I'm copying the commands into a clipboard, pasting the usernames in, and then pasting the whole mess into PowerCommand.

If I were doing this sort of thing in PowerShell, I'd create a username variable that references a txt list of usernames and then recurse the command against that list.

Does anyone have a recommendation for how to streamline this process?

Some of the commands that I regularly use:

#Delegate e-mail:
gam user <username-to-delegate> delegate to <email-to-receive-delegation>

#Delegate calendar:
gam calendar <calendar email> add freebusy|read|editor|owner <user email>

Mike Herman

Oct 8, 2013, 12:40:53 PM10/8/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to use GAM with powershell to manage groups, and apart from Google breaking its API every week or so, it works well. It sounds like putting the aliases, usernames and actions in a CSV and running a foreach loop should do it.