Plain Text VS HTML

RyanC

Sep 18, 2012, 7:35:48 AM9/18/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Greets,

Is there any way to add an audit monitor that sends generates full HTML mails with viewable attachments instead of simply plain text emails?

JuanH

Sep 18, 2012, 5:45:43 PM9/18/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi RyanC,

From my understanding, if you did not specify headers only, it should send the full email as is, including attachments. This from the API page:

  • A destination user receives blind carbon copies (Bcc) of all incoming and outgoing email messages including inbound/outbound attachments, forwarded messages, and email messages sent from mobile devices.
  • Each audited email message is sent to the destination user as an email attachment. And the domain administrator can configure these messages to be either the full email message or only the message headers.
I might be wrong though, as I have never tried this.

RyanC

Sep 19, 2012, 3:09:50 AM9/19/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Juan,

Thanks for the response.

All the messages come through as an attachment named message.txt which is html formatted in plain text.

I was a bit confused by this myself as I was sending through full messages with attachments.