Finding User1's files that live in User2's folders

Martin Främke

Jun 27, 2024, 10:09:18 PM (5 days ago) Jun 27
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi there,

I came here via this post,  but I'm having a hard time searching for my problem in this forum because my search terms are so ubiquitous ...

My workflow is similar to what's in the above post. However, some files I want to treat differently. We have cases where User1 has created/uploaded files in a folder that belongs to User2. I would like to transfer ownership of those files to User2 before I clean up User1's My Drive and ACLs. But how do I identify those files?

Once I have a file list of User1's files including the parent folders, would I have to evaluate who is the owner of each parent folder, filter out the ones where User1 is the owner, and then merge that info together to find files that I need to transfer? Is there a neater way to do this?

Thank you.
Cheers,
Ma♪ti♫

Ross Scroggs

Jul 1, 2024, 10:44:26 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Send me a Meet/Zoom invitation and I'll try to help.

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs

ISH Logo
International School of Hamburg
Hemmingstedter Weg 130
22609 Hamburg, Germany
+49 (0)40 8000 50 0
www.ishamburg.org
Thank you for not printing this!
This message and any attachments are to be read only by intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete this message and its contents from your system. Information in this message may be confidential, privileged, or copyrighted. Unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of any of the contents of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your understanding. Deutsche Übersetzung

Legal Identity: Internationale Schule Hamburg e.V., info@ishamburg.org, VR 5935, Amtsgerichts Hamburg, USt.-IdNr.DE118716561. Dr. Alan Knobloch, Head of School. Monica Birkel, Board Chair. Michal Brylinski, Vice Chair.
Privacy Policy