Google Vault - Confidential Mode

Sam Woodhouse

Jul 10, 2019, 6:34:14 AM7/10/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross/Jay,

I can't see anything in your wiki's around the ability to enable the export of email that includes confidential mode. I can see there is functionality for it via the API but I'm just wondering if you have plans to include it. Though I appreciate that it might be more of an edge case request.

Thanks

Jay Lee

Jul 10, 2019, 6:43:40 AM7/10/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Definitely something we can add. I'll take a look.

Jay

Jay Lee

Jul 10, 2019, 10:05:38 AM7/10/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Sam,

  can you test out:

for MacOS? You should be able to extract it right over your current install. It says it's 4.88 but it includes confidential export among other changes and if it works for you I'll push it as 4.89.

gam create export matter id:<id> name "test confidential" corpus mail accounts <email> format mbox terms "newer_than:7d" showconfidentialmodecontent true

I also added region support (US or EUROPE currently). Seems the two are not cmpatible though so you'd need to run something like:

gam create export matter id:<id> name "test region" corpus mail accounts <email> format mbox terms "newer_than:7d" region europe

let me know if you find any issues.

Sam Woodhouse

Jul 10, 2019, 11:00:02 AM7/10/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay,

Looks like the confidential mode is working fine:

image.png

As well as region:

image.png

And both together looks fine as well:

image.png

-------------------------------

Kind Regards,

Sam Woodhouse
Modern Workplace – Support and Operate
Colleague and Connect Team, I&SD
Co-op IT

Working together to power a stronger Co-op

Website: www.coop.co.uk

Letters: 13th Floor, 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG
Parcels: Co-operative Group, care of Swiss Post Solutions Ltd, Unit 550, Metroplex Business Park, Broadway, Salford Quays, Manchester M50 2UE

This email has been sent from Co-operative Group Limited, a registered society incorporated in England and Wales (525R) or from one of its group undertakings (jointly "the Co-op") as follows, each of which is registered in England and Wales and has its registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG (except The Manx Co-operative Society Limited and Nisa Retail Limited whose registered addresses are listed below):

Co-operative Group Food Limited (26715R)

Co-operative Foodstores Limited (32443R)

Funeral Services Limited (30808R)

CFS Management Services Limited (05564787)

Co-operative Legal Services Limited (05671209)

Co-operatives E-Store Limited (29166R)

The Co-operative Care Limited (31438R)

Co-operative Community Investment Foundation (04117665)

The Manx Co-operative Society Ltd (IM25) (which is registered in the Isle of Man and whose registered office is at 4 Myrtle Street, Douglas, IM1 1ED)

Nisa Retail Limited (00980790) whose registered address is the Member Support Centre Waldo Way, Normanby Enterprise Park, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, United Kingdom, DN15 9GE

To the extent that this email relates to the supply of groceries to Co-operative Group Limited or any of its group undertakings, it is sent subject to Co-operative Group Limited’s Standard Terms of Supply of Groceries. For the purchase of non-grocery related goods and services, the Co-operative Group non-grocery standard purchasing terms apply to all orders placed, save where a contract is negotiated and agreed. For full details please go to coop.co.uk/purchasingterms

Confidentiality Notice

This email is private and confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please send it back to us, and immediately and permanently delete it. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this email or in any attachment.

The Co-op uses security software which routinely monitors and sometimes blocks emails. Further monitoring may be conducted for general business or security purposes, but only where lawfully permitted. The Co-op cannot accept liability for any damage which you may sustain as a result of software viruses or interception or interruption of email, so please carry out you own virus checks before opening an attachment.

A list of the directors for each of the societies and companies is available at the registered office.

The Co-operative Legal Services and Co-op Legal Services are trading names for Co-operative Legal Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under SRA number 567391.

The Co-op Foundation is a working name of the Co-operative Community Investment Foundation which is an independent charity regulated by the Charity Commission for England and Wales under registered number 1093028 and by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) under registered number
SCO48102.

Disclaimer 00001

Ross Scroggs

Jul 10, 2019, 11:39:18 AM7/10/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Sam,

You got region to work? I keep getting ERROR: 400: Request contains an invalid argument. - badRequest
What command did you issue (redact as necessary).

Ross

Jay Lee

Jul 10, 2019, 11:43:27 AM7/10/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Try with "region US", it doesn't really make sense that a US organization would set region to Europe...

Jay Lee

Jul 10, 2019, 12:01:47 PM7/10/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Looks like region requires G Suite Business/Enterprise SKU:

Sam Woodhouse

Jul 10, 2019, 12:04:28 PM7/10/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Ah! Well we are on enterprise so that makes sense.

Steve - DynTech

+KimNilsson

Jul 16, 2019, 6:57:38 AM7/16/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hehe, if that thing offers other places than Russia, that might be an option.

+KimNilsson

Jul 16, 2019, 6:58:39 AM7/16/19
to GAM for G Suite
Yes, it's a bit sad that it requires an Enterprise license for every user whose data is to be stored in EU.

+KimNilsson

Jul 16, 2019, 7:54:18 AM7/16/19
to GAM for G Suite
Ah, silly me. Supplemental was an option to store a copy of the data.
EU organisations' need is to store all versions of their data only inside EU, and (harder) to keep them out of the clawing hands of US three-letter authorities.