Mass Google Drive Search

gon...@within.co

Sep 1, 2022, 3:55:43 PM9/1/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hey team,

I don't know where to even start searching but looking for directions. I need to do a mass search for files on Google Drive, I am talking about searching for every file in Google Workspace from the user's personal drive to shared drives, I need to make sure that we remove any permissions that have domain.com

How would I even start doing this? any help or pointing in the right direction would work. Thanks!

Gonzo

Ross Scroggs

Sep 1, 2022, 3:59:33 PM9/1/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Disclaimer: The information in this email and any attachments may contain proprietary and confidential information that is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the e-mail.

gon...@within.co

Sep 6, 2022, 11:56:36 PM9/6/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
I am running GetSharedExternallyDriveACLs.py I changed the domain list, and exclusive_domains, so I wrote python3 GetSharedExternallyDriveACLs.py but nothing is happening the cursor is only blinking for 5 miniutes, am I doing something wrong, or is the program actually running in the background and it is just taking a long time?

gon...@within.co

Sep 7, 2022, 12:02:10 AM9/7/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
nvm, I saw what I needed to do

Jeb Enoch

Jul 11, 2024, 3:42:27 PM (6 days ago) Jul 11
to GAM for Google Workspace
Unfortunately, I don't see what I need to do, after editing the script to include our domains (line 45), and editing the LINE_TERMINATOR = (line 54) to '\r\n' as recommended in the comment, if running on Windows.

When I run the script, I get output of "Owner,driveFileId,driveFileTitle,mimeType,permissionId,role,type,emailAddress,domain,allowFileDiscovery" in the command line, but that's it.  Am I supposed to provide further input, or wait for the script to complete and print a result?

I'm sorry for not understanding, I did search the group and read 7 other threads before posting.

Thanks.

Ross Scroggs

Jul 11, 2024, 6:09:55 PM (5 days ago) Jul 11
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Send me a Meet/Zoom invitation and I'll help.

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs

Jeb Enoch

Jul 11, 2024, 8:00:54 PM (5 days ago) Jul 11
to GAM for Google Workspace
Very very kind of you Ross!  I may take you up on that offer at some point, but I was able to get the results I needed, using the non-python gam commands you posted for Jovy Javier in this thread: https://groups.google.com/g/google-apps-manager/c/Jckf4EMU8AM/m/_dEv5vcIAQAJ.  Sixth post down.

Thanks again for your kind offer to help (I saw in other threads that you do this all the time, amazing) and for making these powerful tools available to everyone.