Create users from csv without overriding possible current users

Howard Davis

Aug 20, 2019, 4:31:17 PM8/20/19
to GAM for G Suite
I am bulk creating users using a csv. In case I make a boo boo, how do I ensure they don't override existing users. Code I use:

gam csv [file.csv] gam create user ~email firstname ~first lastname ~last password ~password org /Students/Elementary

Say in that csv I have a user with email billybob, but billybob already exists. In the past (because I did it once), it would just override billybob with whatever I set the new password as. Is there a way to avoid this?

Ross Scroggs

Aug 20, 2019, 4:44:59 PM8/20/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Howard,

Create should fail in this case and no updates should be applied to the existing billybob. This is how the API has always worked as far as i know.
Test it out, you should always get a duplicate error.

Ross

This e-mail is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain information about individuals or other sensitive information and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this email in error, kindly disregard the content of the message and notify the sender immediately. Please be aware that all email may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.