"No Data Received" when generating Oauth without nobrowser.txt

Jim Topoleski

Apr 24, 2014, 9:38:37 PM4/24/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

When setting up Oauth authorization in gam 3.0.6 I keep getting a no data received error in the browser during the redirect back to my terminal. If I create the nobrowser.txt file though it authorizes correctly and I just have to paste the key in. Has anyone else seen this issue? While not a huge deal for me for setting up a single account it ends up becoming a bigger deal when doing bulk operations to create multiple accounts for load balancing large groups of commands. I am getting this on every browser I have defaulted to and my hosts file is the default so there is nothing in there that might be causing a failed redirect.

Jim Topoleski

Apr 24, 2014, 10:11:27 PM4/24/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
After playing for a while I finally figured out the culprit. Cisco's Anyconnect VPN client creates a firewall rule with port 8080 that hijacks all traffic to it which causes the error. Once uninstalled everything works as it should.

Jim

Angela Grammatas

Sep 18, 2015, 3:46:58 PM9/18/15
to Google Apps Manager
I just want to say, "THANK YOU" for posting your update - I was stuck with this and testing a bazillion configuration options, and finally, it was the Anyconnect client.  I definitely wouldn't have thought of that on my own.  Thanks again!!

Jim Topoleski

Sep 18, 2015, 3:52:00 PM9/18/15
to Google Apps Manager
Not a problem! Glad it helped at least someone :-)