Problem with showing forwarding addresses

Paul Morriss

Nov 25, 2022, 8:13:25 AM11/25/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
I used to routinely run this command, using an old version of GAM (from 2018)
gam ou_and_children "/staff" print forwardingaddresses

A couple of months ago I got this error:

Getting all Users in G Suite account that match query (orgUnitPath='staff') (may take some time on a large account)...
Got 110 Users...
done.

ERROR: User us...@wycliffe.org.uk: invalid_grant: Not a valid email or user ID.

ERROR: Authentication Token Error - invalid_grant: Not a valid email or user ID.

That's not the actual email address, but it was the first user alphabetically. There were just those two error lines.

I upgraded to v 6.31 (and successfully ran one of my other routine commands) and now when I run that command I get this error:

Getting all Users in Google Workspace account that match query (orgUnitPath='staff') (may take some time on a large account)...
Got 113 Users...
done.

ERROR: User us...@wycliffe.org.uk: unauthorized_client: Client is unauthorized to
retrieve access tokens using this method, or client not authorized for any of the scopes requested.

This is repeated for every email address in the OU.

Is this a bug?

Thanks

Paul

Wycliffe UK Ltd is a charity registered in England and Wales (251233) and in Scotland (SC039140), and a company registered in England and Wales (819788). Registered office: Wycliffe Bible Translators, CMS House, Watlington Road, Oxford OX4 6BZ

Jay Lee

Nov 25, 2022, 8:18:32 AM11/25/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Try running:

gam user us...@wycliffe.org.uk check serviceaccount

And follow the instructions it gives you. Of course use a real email account in your domain through, not user.

Jay

Paul Morriss

Nov 25, 2022, 10:23:53 AM11/25/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Thanks for your help. I did that, with the first user in the OU, and then I was able to get forwarding info for all of them.
Paul