Force Change of passwords

Frank LoCascio

Apr 4, 2013, 7:45:11 PM4/4/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I know how to force a reset of passwords of all users in my domain with the GAM commands.

But that would only force the user to enter a new password after he/she logoff (and try's to log in again)

Is there a way to force all userIDs to log off????

Eliz

Apr 5, 2013, 3:17:25 PM4/5/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
When we expired everyone's passwords last month, it unexpectedly took immediate effect. Or rather they were logged out as soon as they did anything that called Google. So they could keep editing a message, but when they went to send it or to check for new mail they found that they had to re-login.

I'd be interested to know if others had different experiences.

Going forward, we have FlashPanel and can schedule a password expiration for a certain date and time, and for specific orgs or groups of users.

Ideally Google will figure out how to track the user's last password change and add the ability for us to set a limit for the password to automatically expire, line 90 days for those of us under PCI Compliance rules.

Eliz.