Delete a contact

Shane Bayles

Apr 16, 2019, 4:17:35 PM4/16/19
to GAM for G Suite

I am new to using GAMADV-X and am trying to figure this out.  I need to delete a contact that doesn't show up anywhere in the admin console, but does show up when searching in contacts.google.com.  I ran 'gam print gal todrive' and got a list of all domain contacts.  I can see the contact I want to delete, but when I use the following command, 'gam delete contacts C.72612e81adfd98a6' (this is the id I get from the export for the contact), it says the contact doesn't exist.

Apparently several years ago when our district first setup our Google Apps domain they created a contact "All District Email Distribution Lists" and gave it an alias for each of the distribution lists we had in Exchange.  We are finally transitioning email now over to GMail from exchange and need to get rid of this old contact. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane

Ross Scroggs

Apr 16, 2019, 6:21:13 PM4/16/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Shane,

The ids in the Gal are not the same as contact ids; I've never been successful in trying to delete any thing out of the GAL.
How was the "All District Email Distribution Lists" contact created?

Ross