Changing Ownership

Eric Tupper

Jul 10, 2024, 11:29:17 AM (7 days ago) Jul 10
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hello Everyone,
I am in the process of trying to determine the best method of deleting unshared data owned by our Suspended accounts in Google.  The following command transfers the ownership of the file to a temp account.

gam user SuspendedAccount add drivefileacl fileID user <tempAccount> role owner

but gives the following error, which is expected since the user account is Suspended with Gmail turned off.

Add Failed: Sorry, the items were successfully shared but emails could not be sent

Does this process actually make an attempt at emailing the new owner with the Suspended user's account?  And if it does Is there a rate limit to the Gmail API, I will be processing millions of files to be deleted.

Any thoughts or insights are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Eric

Ross Scroggs

Jul 10, 2024, 12:05:12 PM (7 days ago) Jul 10
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

When yiu add an owner, Google sends an email; but, if you add a writer and then update the writer to owner, there is no email
gam user SuspendedAccount add drivefileacl fileID user <tempAccount> role writer
gam user SuspendedAccount update drivefileacl fileID <tempAccount> role owner

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs

Eric W Tupper

Jul 10, 2024, 1:34:17 PM (7 days ago) Jul 10
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Ross!

Eric

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GAM for Google Workspace" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/A9ABFE20-E4B6-4F71-8908-8725DE9F345E%40gmail.com.

✉ Kevin Melillo

Jul 11, 2024, 7:41:46 AM (6 days ago) Jul 11
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
When we do a data transfer, once it is complete an email is sent to the recipient about the data transfer being completed.  Not sure if it is the same in your case.