Require a password change when new or updated users sign in.

Danny Mainprize

Nov 25, 2013, 9:26:33 AM11/25/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way in GAM to replicate the checkbox "Require a password change when new or updated users sign in." from google apps gui bulk add users?  I know the changepassword option will force a password change, but I don't want to force ALL users, just ones that have never logged in before.

I run update scripts during student registration and the majority of the users I am trying to create already exist.  I don't want to mess with those, only the brand new ones.

Thanks.

terry

Nov 25, 2013, 1:43:44 PM11/25/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
This will work for creating new accounts and/or just on update

$list = Import-Csv C:\gam\newaccounts.csv
foreach ($entry in $list)
 {
.\gam.exe create user $($entry.username) firstname $($entry.firstname) Lastname $($entry.lastname) password $($entry.password)
.\gam.exe update user $($entry.username) changepassword on

  }

MC

Aug 11, 2015, 3:32:08 PM8/11/15
to Google Apps Manager
How would you do the opposite - remove "require password change" from all new users who have not yet logged in?

Luke MacKinney

Aug 11, 2015, 8:27:28 PM8/11/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Change the last word in the script from on to off. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Luke

Diamond, Terry

Aug 12, 2015, 2:54:29 PM8/12/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Just eliminate the entire line" .\gam.exe update user $($entry.username) changepassword on"

Also based on new version of gams to you can use the following code:

.\gam.exe csv c:\gam\newaccounts.csv  gam create user ~username firstname ~firstname lastname ~lastname password ~password