Adjust multiple group's attachment size limit

PY

Dec 1, 2012, 1:04:08 PM12/1/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
We have multiple groups all setup using the default 5mb attachment limit.  Is there a way to change that limit in bulk using the GAM tool?  I am unable to find information on it when performing searches so im coming here for help.

Jay Lee

Dec 1, 2012, 1:56:01 PM12/1/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
There is no Google Apps attachment size limit setting that I'm aware of. The default 25mb limit should apply to everyone. There are settings in Postini related to attachment size but GAM does not support Postini management (and Postini is going away)

Regards,

Jay Lee
Large Customer Deployment Lead   |  ⚡ Dito

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM, PY <michael...@whirlwindsteel.com> wrote:
We have multiple groups all setup using the default 5mb attachment limit.  Is there a way to change that limit in bulk using the GAM tool?  I am unable to find information on it when performing searches so im coming here for help.

PY

Dec 1, 2012, 2:08:54 PM12/1/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
The 25mb limit applies to a per user basis.  It seems that groups are limited to 5mb by default and adjustable up to 10mb then 25mb.  I guess ill have to go into each group's setting and adjust the limit individually.  What a pain!

Jay Lee

Dec 3, 2012, 8:31:13 AM12/3/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Ah, sorry, missed the part about groups. You can adjust group message size limits with:

gam update group <group email> settings max_message_bytes 25M

see:

note that you need to follow the special instructions for using the Groups Settings API first:

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 2:08 PM, PY <michael...@whirlwindsteel.com> wrote:
The 25mb limit applies to a per user basis.  It seems that groups are limited to 5mb by default and adjustable up to 10mb then 25mb.  I guess ill have to go into each group's setting and adjust the limit individually.  What a pain!

Michael Roeder

Dec 3, 2012, 8:35:03 AM12/3/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Exactly what i was looking for.  Thank you so much!