Custom Schema

J Cracknell

May 21, 2020, 11:03:27 AM5/21/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hi

We are trying to enable the Windows 10 Sign in with Google.

I'd like to update the Custom Schema - Enhanced Desktop Security - AD account with

domain\username - their username being username@emaildomain.

Is there a way I can do this for just an OU?  I am using XTD3

J.

Jay Lee

May 21, 2020, 12:02:25 PM5/21/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I assume you are referring to:

also assuming you've already created the custom schema as described in above article and now just want to define it for a bunch of your users. Try something like:

gam update user jsmith "Enhanced desktop security.AD accounts" multivalued "AD\john.smith"

Jay Lee

Please familiarise yourself with our email disclaimer, which includes conditions regarding communication with our school.

James Cracknell

May 21, 2020, 12:21:18 PM5/21/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay

It has come back Update Failed: Invalid Input: [Enhanced desktop security]

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GAM for G Suite" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/CA%2BVVBp_%3DrTuy8tmjP5OV0TS6XK6T%3DBz%3DZbeMpgavQ8GvMRG6uA%40mail.gmail.com.

Ross Scroggs

May 21, 2020, 12:43:33 PM5/21/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
James,

Use Enhanced_desktop_security.AD_accounts (use underscores instead of spaces)

J Cracknell

May 21, 2020, 1:17:14 PM5/21/20
to GAM for G Suite
Excellent - thanks - but just the last bit to solve

If I use the command

gam print users query "orgUnitPath='/ASHS/Users/Students/2020'" | gam csv - gam update user ~primaryEmail "Enhanced_desktop_security.AD_accounts" multivalued archbishop\~username

I can't get the username variable to concatenate with the \archbishop bit.  Otherwise, I am there!!!

Thank you all.

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 11:03 AM J Cracknell <jcrac...@ashs.stbenets.org> wrote:
Hi

We are trying to enable the Windows 10 Sign in with Google.

I'd like to update the Custom Schema - Enhanced Desktop Security - AD account with

domain\username - their username being username@emaildomain.

Is there a way I can do this for just an OU?  I am using XTD3

J.

Please familiarise yourself with our email disclaimer, which includes conditions regarding communication with our school.

Ross Scroggs

May 21, 2020, 1:29:16 PM5/21/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
James,

Where is ~username coming from?

Ross

James Cracknell

May 21, 2020, 1:55:38 PM5/21/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ross

Sorry I was making that bit up.  If a user is jbloggs@domain then I need it to use archbishop\jbloggs - but even if I try and use archbishop\~primaryemail it doesn't work

Ross Scroggs

May 21, 2020, 2:00:51 PM5/21/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
James,

When you want to embed a CSV value inside an argument, surround it with ~~xx~~.

gam print users query "orgUnitPath='/ASHS/Users/Students/2020'" | gam csv - gam update user ~primaryEmail "Enhanced_desktop_security.AD_accounts" multivalued archbishop\~~primaryEmail~~

What is your GAM version?

Ross

James Cracknell

May 21, 2020, 2:06:02 PM5/21/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I am using the latest GAM-XTD3 version.

The thing is I'd need to remove the @domain off - so it's not archbishop\jbl...@ashs.stbenets.org but archbishop\jbloggs

J.

Ross Scroggs

May 21, 2020, 2:17:50 PM5/21/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
James,

At the moment I have no way of splitting off a portion of a field.

gam redirect csv Students2020.csv print users query "orgUnitPath='/ASHS/Users/Students/2020'"
Process Students2020.csv to have two columns: primaryEmail,userName
gam csv - gam update user ~primaryEmail "Enhanced_desktop_security.AD_accounts" multivalued archbishop\~~userName~~

Ross

Ross Scroggs

May 21, 2020, 2:27:42 PM5/21/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
James,

All I have to do is read the documentation

gam print users query "orgUnitPath='/ASHS/Users/Students/2020'" emailparts | gam csv - gam update user ~primaryEmail "Enhanced_desktop_security.AD_accounts" multivalued archbishop\~~primaryEmailLocal~~

Ross