Is there a way to Bulk Data Transfer, before Bulk Deleting users?

Hamzah Choudry

Aug 2, 2018, 7:10:32 AM8/2/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hi,

I'm using the DeleteUsers.csv to bulk delete via GAM but before deleting the users I need to find a way to bulk transfer the GDrive, Calendar and Google+ Pages to a generic email account, eg. Lea...@mydomain.com.

Is there a way to do this by using a CSV or a GAM command?

Thanks in advance.

This email (including any attachments) is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you are prohibited from printing, copying or distributing it. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.

Whilst AllSaints tries to ensure that emails are free from viruses/harmful items you should scan this email (and any attachments) for harmful items including viruses. AllSaints accepts no liability if this email or any attachments harms any systems or data.

AllSaints Retail Limited (registered in England & Wales with registered number 04096157 and having its registered office at Jack's Place, 6 Corbet Place, Spitalfields, London E1 6NN) is a private limited company.

Ross Scroggs

Aug 2, 2018, 9:26:48 AM8/2/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hamzah,

gam create datatransfer|transfer <OldOwnerID> <DataTransferService> <NewOwnerID> (<ParameterKey> <ParameterValue>)*
gam info datatransfer|transfer <TransferID>
gam print datatransfers|transfers [todrive] [olduser|oldowner <UserItem>] [newuser|newowner <UserItem>] [status <String>]

Let's suppose thet DeleteUsers.csv has the column User, if not, adjust below.

gam csv DeleteUsers.csv gam create datatransfer ~User "Drive and Docs" lea...@mydomain.com privacy_level shared,private
gam csv DeleteUsers.csv gam create data transfer ~User "Calendar" lea...@mydomain.com release_resources true
gam csv DeleteUsers.csv gam create data transfer ~User "Google+" lea...@mydomain.com

See: this for documentation on privacy_level and release_resources: https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk/data-transfer/v1/parameters

Ross

Jay Lee

Aug 2, 2018, 10:31:08 AM8/2/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Be aware that if you're transferring many account's data into a single account you'll likely bottleneck on the single account and this will take some time to perform.

Jay

+KimNilsson

Aug 5, 2018, 10:15:53 AM8/5/18
to GAM for G Suite
@Jay

I seem to remember reading that there's also a max limit of how many concurrent datatransfers that can be run at once?
Even if they are set to be spread to several users, I mean.

/Kim

DanH

Aug 24, 2018, 6:25:56 AM8/24/18
to GAM for G Suite
Can the data transfer continue even after the user is deleted? We know that deleted user data remains for 30 days, so can we simply run a batch job like this:

gam create datatransfer ~User
gam delete ~User

?

John Paraskevopoulos

Jul 29, 2021, 6:48:06 AM7/29/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
How can we do this if we want to transfer to different targets? So if our .csv has one column for "source" and one column for "target" can GAM read both and create the datatransfer from source to target?

Brian Kim

Jul 29, 2021, 11:43:22 AM7/29/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
yes, for example
gam csv transfer.csv gam create transfer ~source drive ~target all