Question about difference between GAM 2.54 and GAM 3.21

Angelo

Dec 11, 2014, 3:10:20 PM12/11/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am trying to stop using the API's and upgrade to Admin SDK.

trying basic connect to Google and disconnect.

i want my python code to use the oauth2.txt file
my current code uses a file called  oauth.txt , i do not have the history of where it comes from or it's data format.

when i more the 2 files it is obvious the formats are different.

not sure where to look first, any help appreciated.
-ALF

Jay Lee

Dec 12, 2014, 10:02:42 AM12/12/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
oauth.txt is the old GAM 2.x auth files. It used OAuth 1.0 authentication.

oauth2.txt is the GAM 3.x auth files. It uses OAuth 2.0 authentication.

It's not clear to me what your python code is doing with the OAuth files but you can look at the GAM source to see how it reads oauth2.txt in order to allow authentication.

Jay Lee