GAM all users show tokens clientid error

Dominique West

Apr 26, 2018, 3:17:38 PM4/26/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hello,

I am having trouble when running this command. the command executes and begins printing the information on the screen, but fails shortly after it reaches a certain name and gives me a ERROR: 401: User does not have credentials to perform this operation - authError error. I have checked to make sure I am properly assigned all scopes and permissions. My colleague believes it fails once it reaches a suspended user in the list. Any insight on why this error is occurring, or if it is due to suspended users is there a way to bypass that in the command?

Thank you!

The above terms reflect a potential business arrangement, are provided solely as a basis for further discussion, and are not intended to be and do not constitute a legally binding obligation. No legally binding obligations will be created, implied, or inferred until an agreement in final form is executed in writing by all parties involved.

This email may be confidential or privileged. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let us know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Cloudreach Inc. is registered in Delaware, with the registered office at 1679 S. DuPont Highway, Suite 100, Dover, Kent, DE 19901 and registration number 5427661.

Ross Scroggs

Apr 26, 2018, 5:49:26 PM4/26/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Dominique,

Let's call the user that fails us...@domain.com
Does it always fail on the same user?

What do these commands show:
gam user us...@domain.com show tokens
gam info user us...@domain.com

Dominique West

May 22, 2018, 2:01:01 PM5/22/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross,

Sorry for the delay I didn't even realize I received a reply.

Yes I am noticing it is always failing around a same user. My suspicious is because this user is a superadmin and I am a delegated admin? Is this the case?

When I try to do show tokens for that account I get the following:

ERROR: 401: User does not have credentials to perform this operation - authError

When I do "Gam info user" for the same user, i am able to get the information.

I am trying to basically print all the users per oauth clientid to my drive and it always stops at this user. Is there a way to bypass this user to gather the information? Unfortunately I have not been able to find an easier work around.

On Apr 26, 2018, at 12:06 PM, Dominique West <dominiq...@cloudreach.com> wrote:

[...]

Ross Scroggs

May 22, 2018, 4:57:12 PM5/22/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Dominique,

Try the following:
gam all users print > Users.lst
Users.lst is a flat file with no header; edit it and delete the problematic user (super admin)

gam file Users.lst print tokens clientid xxxxx > Tokens.lst

Ross

The above terms reflect a potential business arrangement, are provided solely as a basis for further discussion, and are not intended to be and do not constitute a legally binding obligation. No legally binding obligations will be created, implied, or inferred until an agreement in final form is executed in writing by all parties involved.

This email may be confidential or privileged. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let us know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Cloudreach Inc. is registered in Delaware, with the registered office at 1679 S. DuPont Highway, Suite 100, Dover, Kent, DE 19901 and registration number 5427661.

Dominique West

May 25, 2018, 11:26:36 AM5/25/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much! I was able to remove the users and get the script to run. Thank you!

I say this because for
Cloudreach
Dominique West
SecOps Engineer
+1 646 771 9236 | www.cloudreach.com
WeWork / Buckhead, 3340 Peachtree Road NE Suite 1010, Atlanta, GA 30326 USA
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Glassdoor Instagram

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GAM for G Suite" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.